LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Who do you blame the most for our 0-4 record?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who do you blame the most for our 0-4 record?

Just let it out.
ME
Baalke
Hoyer, interior oline, and penalties
A combination of a lot of things, most of which I believe are fixable in time.
Seriously.....I blame being pretty much an expansion team in terms of talent. The fact that we've been in these games is a huge positive to me. This team is as bad as any of our really bad teams the last 40 years ('79, '99, '04, '05, '16). Unfortunately it's gonna get worse before it gets better as I'm sure we will get shelled in a few games before the season is over. However, I think we will find a way to win 3-4 games.
Hoyer.

With average QB play, which he far from, we'd have a shot at 2-2, 3-1 at best.

He's single handily cost us a shot at winning the Seahawks, Rams and the game today.

I'm not expecting the team to make the playoffs, but they're better then the record indicates.

I'm all for putting Bethard in. It may not change anything, but it's not like Hoyer is doing anything.
Baalke gets a lot of blame. Only so much success you can expect with so much turnover and installation of new scheme on both sides of the ball.

Hoyer is #2.

Penalties and refs tied for #3. Let's be honest we're very likely 1-3 if that BS OPI on Trent isn't called vs the Rams.
Where's the option for Fusco?
Watson scores 5 TDs against a good Titans defense. Is it time to panic now?

Can this FO really evaluate the QB position?

Hoyer has been bad, but some of the drops in the first 4 weeks have been horrendous and with a questionable offensive line that's a combination that will make a mediocre QB look even worse.

QB, WR, O-line all need to be addressed asap.
Originally posted by genus49:
Baalke gets a lot of blame. Only so much success you can expect with so much turnover and installation of new scheme on both sides of the ball.

Hoyer is #2.

Penalties and refs tied for #3. Let's be honest we're very likely 1-3 if that BS OPI on Trent isn't called vs the Rams.

Even with all the player turnover and poor picks by Baalke, we'd very likely be 3-1 right now if we had decent QB play. So, Hoyer is the main person responsible for the 0-4 record.

People want to blame the oline (which is common because somebody else told them it starts and ends with the oline so they regurgitate that over and over), but Hoyer has had time to deliver easy throws (easy for a decent QB, anyway) and he misfires repeatedly. The oline may not be among the best, but they do give Hoyer a chance to make something happen and he has failed to do so every time. I'm very confident in saying that a guy like Kirk Cousins would have us sitting at 3-1 and 1st in the NFC West after 4 games. Wish we could have traded for him.
Brian Shanahan
Originally posted by Empire49:
Even with all the player turnover and poor picks by Baalke, we'd very likely be 3-1 right now if we had decent QB play. So, Hoyer is the main person responsible for the 0-4 record.

People want to blame the oline (which is common because somebody else told them it starts and ends with the oline so they regurgitate that over and over), but Hoyer has had time to deliver easy throws (easy for a decent QB, anyway) and he misfires repeatedly. The oline may not be among the best, but they do give Hoyer a chance to make something happen and he has failed to do so every time. I'm very confident in saying that a guy like Kirk Cousins would have us sitting at 3-1 and 1st in the NFC West after 4 games. Wish we could have traded for him.

I think ultimately when the all-22 comes out, it will tell everything. Hoyer missed a lot of throws and took unneeded sacks instead of throwing it away.
I don't blame anyone. I had realistic expectations coming into this season.

This is a rebuild. Rebuilding is a process, and this is only the beginning of that process.

That said, I don't know how much more I can watch of Hoyer.
Share 49ersWebzone