There are 215 users in the forums

Let's talk Pass Rush

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Nowhere.

We won't have any pass rush as it stands.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Melvin Ingram signed a 4-year extension in June.

Doh. Forgot
When i looked it up i guess the sptrac i saw was cached.

Teams smartly aren't letting pass rushers who consistently get to the qb especially when they're in their primes. Freaking the Giants didn't wanna let Pierre Paul walk with a mangled hand and all

Yeah, and why dwight freeney can still have a spot on a SB contender.

But i am big on ansah. he is big enough, but still quick enough. Alm9st exactly like micheal bennett, and i do not think the lions can afford to franchise him, and i imagine he will test free agency given the chance.

Signing Ansah and trading AA then drafting another pure pass rusher would be solid moves.

Im all for signing Ansah
Remember we cut brooks for eli f**king harold and everyone said he wasn't in the plans and his contract was too big for our 60mil under the cap budget. Sure could use him now.

I'll buy the argument that he wasn't in the plans but so what. Take "X" player (brooks) and let him rush the passer and contribute this season so the defense can see what it looks like and learn and replace him with "X" player next year

Guess what. Eli Harold isnt in the plans either anymore but he's what cost this team brooks and a semblance of a player who can consistently rush the qb
Originally posted by teylo31:
Remember we cut brooks for eli f**king harold and everyone said he wasn't in the plans and his contract was too big for our 60mil under the cap budget. Sure could use him now.

I'll buy the argument that he wasn't in the plans but so what. Take "X" player (brooks) and let him rush the passer and contribute this season so the defense can see what it looks like and learn and replace him with "X" player next year

Guess what. Eli Harold isnt in the plans either anymore but he's what cost this team brooks and a semblance of a player who can consistently rush the qb

Someone posted a theory on here that we are intentionally tanking the season.

Honestly, after closely observing that Hoyer pick on the first play, I really believe it. You just can't be that terrible. It's impossible.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Nowhere.

We have a lot of bodies that will take up blockers. Just need one more piece on the DL. Stopping the run was the focus after having a historically weak run defense in 2016.

You can't do a total rebuild in one offseason.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:

Someone posted a theory on here that we are intentionally tanking the season.

Honestly, after closely observing that Hoyer pick on the first play, I really believe it. You just can't be that terrible. It's impossible.

You don't lose that way when you're tanking. I am not saying they won't tank, but that game last night was not indicative of a tanking team.

I think Hoyer really just made a terrible, terrible throw.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Nowhere.

We have a lot of bodies that will take up blockers. Just need one more piece on the DL. Stopping the run was the focus after having a historically weak run defense in 2016.

You can't do a total rebuild in one offseason.

No, not one offseason. We have drafted 3 x D-linemen in the 1st round 3 years in a row already and yet we still have zero pass rush.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

We had all the cap room in the world and we still cut Ahmad. Now, we have no one on the edge to rush the passer apart from Aaron Lynch that's it.
Let's talk pass rush?

This will be a short conversation.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Let's talk pass rush?

This will be a short conversation.

• thl408
Play Lynch and Elvis more than 24 combined snaps.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

We had all the cap room in the world and we still cut Ahmad. Now, we have no one on the edge to rush the passer apart from Aaron Lynch that's it.
It was a issue in pre season. we were all told. it will be better in the regular season. the team did nothing but to cut brooks our legit pass rusher.. oh well ,at least there are a few posters who will buy the snake oil lynch and shanny are selling. then they set elvis and lynch. jesus. if the coaches and gm were trying to lose games. they could not make it more obvious. lott is right. moral victories are for losers and suckers. and i think the fans who bought what shanny and lynch are selling are the biggest suckers of all. cept for jed
we drafted thomas 3rd overall. He was suppose to be the answer. LMAO, webzone
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I didn't want him.....God dammit

John Lynch probably surfs Webzone for advice.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I didn't want him.....God dammit

John Lynch probably surfs Webzone for advice.

I didn't want to neither.

But, a truckload of Webzoners did, just not me. LOL.

I thought DeMarcus Ware gave him the full lowdown during offseason on how to rush the passer? Not much use huh?
Share 49ersWebzone