LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

Niners through 3 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fan49:
The defense regressed because read tart and Foster are not on the field. Of course it's not working those three are making more plays than anybody on the defense. We've lost one each game

I literally made it a point to mention / state how important it was to consider context (and a ridiculously small sample size) before making claims. That's been the specific complaint I have had all along; people jumping to conclusions about the defense when the prior mentioned aspects were ignored or considered irrelevant.

And I will grant you Reid and Tartt. But Foster? In terms of plays made, he has not made "more plays than anybody on the defense." What did he play, a total of 11 snaps week one (three combined tackles and one pass defended)? He has game changing potential, but let's see him get 75-100 snaps under his belt this season before crowning him.
[ Edited by Polkadots on Sep 23, 2017 at 1:04 AM ]
Now comes the fun part as the tape starts coming in on us. Well se how it goes. Hope the 40+ points wont be the norm. But, we have a lot of holes on d that can be exploited. I think were doing a lot with the players we have we just need more players. Aggressive presnap shifting isnt helping our rookies udfas and scrubs.

Offensively i just want execution and less than five penalties a game. Is that too much to ask? Well get it together around week eight.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 23, 2017 at 3:37 AM ]
I have not been worrying about wins and losses, although nothing beats winning. I wanted to see a competitive team that gets better as the season goes on. Foster is the key, I believe he is a superstar in the making and if he was healthy the last two games we could've won.
Share 49ersWebzone