LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Week 2 2017: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by fan49:
I think you don't give armstead as much credit as he deserves. He was double teamed. and he was all over the ball the whole game. Also I am glad ward is back, but tartt is playing to well and needs to be on the field too. So does reid if he's not injured. Ward needs to go back to corner. Its a waste of talent to not have the best players on the field, and ward can play corner. There is something fierce about Tarrt and reid on the field that ward can't match!

All the tape I just watched I didn't see Arik doubled one time? He was easily blocked by the TE, T or RB on every play I just watched. Except for this sack that was a busted blocking assignment by the TE and RB.

I know I saw it, someone else also mention buckner will benefit from his double teaming. I know I was actually on the phone and talked about him getting double teamed in the moment, when it happened. What do you feel about my other opinion on that ward Tarrt and Reid need to be on the field at the same time?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by thl408:
Very encouraged by the defensive performance. SEA's offense may not be good, but considering how poorly the 49ers have looked defensively the past couple seasons, it's easy to say that the defense is on the right track. ALynch needs to be in the lineup for good. No need for XCooper to be suiting up when there's positional flexibility from some of the other DL. Glad Ward was able to finish the game. I don't think Wilson tested the 49ers secondary deep so that's a good sign that Ward was in position.

Offensively it was frustrating not to see more short range passes designed to isolate the RB/TE. Maybe SEA was squatting all the short stuff. Considering how well the offense was running the ball, I would have thought the passing game (playaction) would have some semblance of success. Three red zone appearances, three field goals - that's ballgame.

Seattle was a few plays away from this being a 27-9 game. 49ers defense was a few missed turnovers away from stealing the game.

Defense gave up 21 first downs. They didn't play as good as the score sounds.

Lynch was dogging it in practice so the coaches did something about it to try and wake his ass up.

I don't think Ward was the reason Russ didn't try more deep shots. It's because his OL can't block that long. lol

49ers were 2/12 on 3rd downs. That's horrific.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Very encouraged by the defensive performance. SEA's offense may not be good, but considering how poorly the 49ers have looked defensively the past couple seasons, it's easy to say that the defense is on the right track. ALynch needs to be in the lineup for good. No need for XCooper to be suiting up when there's positional flexibility from some of the other DL. Glad Ward was able to finish the game. I don't think Wilson tested the 49ers secondary deep so that's a good sign that Ward was in position.

Offensively it was frustrating not to see more short range passes designed to isolate the RB/TE. Maybe SEA was squatting all the short stuff. Considering how well the offense was running the ball, I would have thought the passing game (playaction) would have some semblance of success. Three red zone appearances, three field goals - that's ballgame.

Seattle was a few plays away from this being a 27-9 game. 49ers defense was a few missed turnovers away from stealing the game.

Lynch was dogging it in practice so the coaches did something about it to try and wake his ass up.

I don't think Ward was the reason Russ didn't try more deep shots. It's because his OL can't block that long. lol

I disagree on the d not being as good. we also out physicalled them. Which hasnt happened in forever. We have been getting bullied by them for a while. But now tides have turned a little, that says alot.

OUr d hits hard, tackles aggressively, and alot of the time multiple players on the ball. Im happy with the improvement. Tarrt and reid are beasts of safeties. It needs to stay that way, ward will drop the intensity level of the d

Seattle is always a few plays away from that. Tends to happen when your QB can only make plays outside the offense.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Excellent summary. Couldn't have written it better myself. 100% aligned with all points - even the "If Thomas had been playing, Wilson might not have been the 49er killer."

*Foster
Kyle to Tomlinson: "Welcome...um, Laken, right? Now, I know you've only been here 12 days but you'll be starting at LG up in Seattle in the rain. Ohhhh, almost forgot... you'll be facing Sheldon Richardson...a lot. Good luck."
Originally posted by NCommand:
Kyle to Tomlinson: "Welcome...um, Laken, right? Now, I know you've only been here 12 days but you'll be starting at LG up in Seattle in the rain. Ohhhh, almost forgot... you'll be facing Sheldon Richardson...a lot. Good luck."

lol seemed like he held it together. Does anyone know the breakdown of his performance?

Bend but don't break right here.
Thanx Marvin, I appreciate the effort, time, & insight ...

Fangio style

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Agree on Brown - steal of the draft, every else is spot on.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Fangio style

Yup...3rd and 3 and 12 yard cushions. I had flash backs big time. It did give us a shot at a W though.
Arik was beastin but we should've put TWO edge qb spies on Russell .

Maybe Kyle didn't think Seattle would risk their highly touted qb like that by letting him run himself so much. Which I can understand.

Hehe. And I say to Laken...

Well done.

Hehe. And I say to Laken...

Well done.

He did an outstanding job considering.

Also, your dude (Hyde) was again willing himself into extra yards despite the weak Kilgore.

How many times do both Hyde and Breida have to instantly dodge a Kilgore bench press in the backfield immediately after the handoff?

I have no idea how they got positive yards there.
Share 49ersWebzone