LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Game 2 2017: vs Seattle Seahawks (Post Game Observations)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
Tremendous showing by the defense. A lot of potential on that side of the ball.

Is anybody tired yet of being a 'defensive' team?.... This was an organization known for offense before york.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
They made it close so that's good. Not sure what Hoyer was looking at on the drop backs where he had some time to survey the field. Can't believe the run game was so successful. That's a great sign.

Breida was solid as a back to Hyde.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
The D is only going to improve I think...but the offense needs work!!!! The first 2 games, the D held their own early and today the D held their own until the 4th quarter. All we needed was just a score here or there and we would have won, maybe. Its that "maybe" that gives us the hope. The offense has not shown that they can do remotely anything even with one of the best OC's in the league.
  • KiwiM
  • Veteran
To play at Seattle in the 2nd game of this long term rebuild and come that close is impressive - we are at the start of an absolute rebuild and the Seahawks are in their Super Bowl window - just think about that for a second.

The defense to play that well without their best young player is great.

Offense is obviously a huge work in progress but that's not surprising.
  • KP82
Originally posted by Follower:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Tremendous showing by the defense. A lot of potential on that side of the ball.

Is anybody tired yet of being a 'defensive' team?.... This was an organization known for offense before york.

Kyle Shanahan will turn things around. He just needs the right pieces and it starts with a quarterback...
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I expect this to be worse then it ended up.....

This can be built upon. They have to find a way to get easier plays in the passing game.

If we even had a Tim Rattay level QB....this could have been a win.

Didn't Jeff Garcia say he could still play?
Moral Victory. I'll take it
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
We got the hard games out of the way. It only gets better from here.

The Rams are going to cream us on Thursday night.
If we lose 12+ games this season but the majority of them are that close I won't be too disappointed.

The defence is looking strong and will only get stronger.

Our offence needs a major overhaul, but that won't be coming this season. I expect our offence to improve as the season goes on just because of the time/experience they get playing together but it's not going to be a vast improvement.

The important thing this year is finding out who can play on both sides of the ball. If a couple of holes can get filled unexpectedly (Williams for example) then we're in an even stronger position going forward into FA.

Good effort. Give me that much heart and effort for the next 15 weeks and I won't knock them.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
How does a starting NFL QB have under 100 yards passing for a game????

Its that word "average" you used.....

New Coach, New QB, Lack of Talent..... This sort of stuff happens....

I bet they "average" more than zero TD before this season is over
Originally posted by Baldie:

This can be built upon. They have to find a way to get easier plays in the passing game.

I would take him over Hoyer. I would take Jamarcus Russel over Hoyer though.
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
people keep talking s**t about the play-calling, but they don't realize the play-calling is dictated by the talent, QB, and O-line around them. it's dictated by the personnel you have as well. this is on Hoyer and some of the O-line for me. obviously the drops don't help. but not like we really shot ourselves in the foot that much?

There is enough talent on that offense to average more than zero TDs per game.

maybe, but not for an offense like Shanahan you can argue. just dont forget about his first season in ATL
Originally posted by Baldie:

He did, he looked in shape.
Webzone seems to have a lot of unrealistic expectations for Hoyer, when this Seattle D held Aaron Rodgers to only 1 TD.

Actually he could have had a TD, if Goodwin didn't drop that ball. Just saying.
Share 49ersWebzone