There are 144 users in the forums

Game 2 2017: vs Seattle Seahawks (Post Game Observations)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Oline was much better today, need a qb who can make plays when nothing is there like Wilson
Despite all the things which went wrong, this game was there for the taking.
Goodwin holds that ball, and I think we realise a different outcome. All-in-All,
the team didn't look as "shell shocked", compared to previous visits.
Tremendous showing by the defense. A lot of potential on that side of the ball.
The expectations of the webzone are so high.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Sep 17, 2017 at 4:30 PM ]
Well I expect a lot of CJ chants on thursday.
  • thl408
They made it close so that's good. Not sure what Hoyer was looking at on the drop backs where he had some time to survey the field. Can't believe the run game was so successful. That's a great sign.
We get to see McVay next week.... more time to be envious.
Saleh is doing a great job with the defense. Looked good today

Qb is non functional

Time to get creative and get the ball in the hands of guys like Bolden and Taylor ala Andy Reid. Use them in the backfield. We aren't running an NFL passing attack right now
Originally posted by defenderDX:
people keep talking s**t about the play-calling, but they don't realize the play-calling is dictated by the talent, QB, and O-line around them. it's dictated by the personnel you have as well. this is on Hoyer and some of the O-line for me. obviously the drops don't help. but not like we really shot ourselves in the foot that much?

There is enough talent on that offense to average more than zero TDs per game.
D was ballin without Foster. Tomlinson played well, Hyde as well. Left some plays on the field on O. Growing pains expected, people need to adjust accordingly.

Shouldn't have punted on that last possession with one timeout.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Scoring 0 TD's in 2 games means you need to make some drastic changes on the offense.

Starting with Hoyer, the biggest shot he took was the 1st play of the game when he over threw Goodwin on the play action deep comeback..
Our DB's gave too much cushion at times. Especially on 3rd and short-medium
I expect this to be worse then it ended up.....

This can be built upon. They have to find a way to get easier plays in the passing game.

If we even had a Tim Rattay level QB....this could have been a win.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Offense is just horrendous.

Our OL is not on the same page.
Share 49ersWebzone