LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Why are people calling thus a rivalry game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
nostalgia
Originally posted by Antix:
Its never been a rivalry. We've never beaten Seattle in a game that matters since 2002.

The 2011-13 regular season games didn't matter?
Originally posted by mayo49:
It might not be a rivalry game, but the two teams don't like each other. Both would love to knock the other out of contention.

I think Seahawks took care of that on Thanksgiving night a few years back.
Even if thus
What the she hawks done?? rivalry for who?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by mayo49:
It might not be a rivalry game, but the two teams don't like each other. Both would love to knock the other out of contention.

I think Seahawks took care of that on Thanksgiving night a few years back.

Now, we get another chance to do it back to them.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
Rivalries tend to be hard fought, hard hitting,a knockdown drag out type of game. These games very rarely are even close. It's actually one of the more boring games to watch, we haven't put up a fight in these games in the last few years no matter who's house we're in. So please stop with this rivalry nonsense..its not a rivalry if one team lost before they get off the bus....so sad our once mighty franchise has come to this...i knew there would be bad seasons..but aside from 3 good years we a f**ken terrible franchise

A rivalry game in this case isn't defined by the talent level of each team. It's defined by the teams playing. Seattle is a division rival. Both teams are competing toward a common goal. Winning the division. Just because we have a 5% chance of winning doesn't make it a non rivalry game.

Now a conference rivalry like the 49ers vs Cowboys or GB or Atlanta or any other playoff caliber team is died because the 49ers now suck.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
Rivalries tend to be hard fought, hard hitting,a knockdown drag out type of game. These games very rarely are even close. It's actually one of the more boring games to watch, we haven't put up a fight in these games in the last few years no matter who's house we're in. So please stop with this rivalry nonsense..its not a rivalry if one team lost before they get off the bus....so sad our once mighty franchise has come to this...i knew there would be bad seasons..but aside from 3 good years we a f**ken terrible franchise

A rivalry game in this case isn't defined by the talent level of each team. It's defined by the teams playing. Seattle is a division rival. Both teams are competing toward a common goal. Winning the division. Just because we have a 5% chance of winning doesn't make it a non rivalry game.

Now a conference rivalry like the 49ers vs Cowboys or GB or Atlanta or any other playoff caliber team is died because the 49ers now suck.

This.

Steelers and Browns have a rivalry even though the Browns have but 5 wins and 31 losses since 2000 vs Pittsburgh.
Rivalry

Originally posted by SoCold:

Understood...i guess my definition of a rivalry game is two teams fighting it out with that common goal in mind. With one team that actually has a shot at attaining that goal while the other is just pipe dreams. Imo a rivalry is when records don't matter talent d oesnt matter the game always comes down to the last drive, either the offense scores to win or the defense stops them to win as time is running out...one of those games where it doesn't matter what the score is at halftime or 3rd quarter because it will always co.e sown to the last few minutes

I haven't seen a single person call this a "rivalry game."

In fact, it's the complete opposite. This generation of 49ers players spent their offseason training with Seahawk players.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lipstickonface:
The West goes thru Santa Clara!

nobody even knows where that is.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Thus isn't a rivalry.

Thus is just the typical "get your frustration out for playing horribly the previous week and whoop on the niners" game

Thus posing the real question, what will be greater, the 49er players that get injured or the points that we put up?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Oh yes the annual get our teeth kicked in game.
The rivalry arguably reached its pinnacle during the Harbaugh era...he & Carroll were definitely adversaries. It's waned a bit in recent seasons, but Carroll & Lynch have a friendly rivalry that should elevate the intensity between the two teams again.
Share 49ersWebzone