There are 155 users in the forums

OLB Elijah Lee

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I hope Lee gets a chance to play, we already know what we have in Armstrong, to me he's no more then depth but good depth, I hope soon this kids gets his chance and runs with it..

Yup, I would like to see Lee play too, enough with Brock Coyle already!!!
Is Elijah Lee still under contract? I thought he was an interesting prospect...
Yup. Ideal WILL and he even got snaps last year. The FO loved him in the draft and were stoked to get him. Might end uo being a viable option at WILL with Foster suspended. Keep your eye on him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yup. Ideal WILL and he even got snaps last year. The FO loved him in the draft and were stoked to get him. Might end uo being a viable option at WILL with Foster suspended. Keep your eye on him.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by NCommand:

He's been steady on my mind. After re-signing Coyle,keeping Jimmie(thus allowing us to play Tartt at LB in nickel), let's pray Frost gets off easy and Malcolm stays healthy to give us a solid unit.

Remember Smith was out for the year, and Frost missed like 4-6 games due to the high ankle. Also Elijah came on hella late so he was behind the curve on the playbook.
Something to really look forward to.
He got some snaps in on D late in the season with Foster battling injuries...had that scoop-and-score that didn't count vs. the Jags (refs had a rough game that day). Will be interested to see how Lee does with a full offseason here.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
This guy is a player, all he needs is a chance to play and watch him perform..
Rather see him out there than Coyle
Don't discount this kid. I think he will be a factor at LB for the 49ers. I really liked him coming out of Kansas State. He came out early and was projected as a 4th or 5th rd pick but fell into the 7th rd to the Vikings and we snagged him off their practice squad. I think he will add really good depth and ST's value ala Sheldon Day and can even start a few games and hold his own.

Originally posted by 9moon:
This guy is a player, all he needs is a chance to play and watch him perform..

I agree.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Is Elijah Lee still under contract? I thought he was an interesting prospect...

Yes he is on both. He was projected as high as a third round pick and that's why he came out early from Kansas State. I really liked him in the 4th or 5th rd and ended up falling into the 7th rd. I think he has a chance to be a really good, versatile back-up and can fill in for a few games as a starter and do a good job as well.
We have E. Lee and the other LB we got from the cowboys Mark N, the coaches must like them or I think we would have been more active in free agency
We have E. Lee and the other LB we got from the cowboys Mark N, the coaches must like them or I think we would have been more active in free agency

yeah Lee has a good chance to be a solid contributor especially if Reuben get suspended for a little bit.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

yeah Lee has a good chance to be a solid contributor especially if Reuben get suspended for a little bit.

Foster, if he does get suspended will hurt but it won't kill us. We can have a terrific front line that made Brock Coyle at MIKE look good --- and can switch to nickel and dime and use an extra DB like Ward in coverage to replace the SAM. With Malcolm Smith, we should be fine. But I'm looking forward to seeing Elijah Lee grow this off season.
Share 49ersWebzone