LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

How far away is this team from competing for a championship?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How far away is this team from competing for a championship?

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by davewaymer49:
When Jed let's the gm and coaches make all the moves decisions. Also paraage has no say only opinion. Then might actually get good players enough to put fans in seats, chance at a sb.

the gm and coach are making all the decisions now. the product is still the same to me. lol at championship. just want to be respectable and compete with the other two teams that are rated lower than us in the power rankings

I hope so but have my doubts if that is the case now and if it will be the case for the long term.
Jed wants to be Jerry Jones so bad...he's going to get involved at some point just to stroke his own ego...how KS reacts will define his time here.
Originally posted by jcs:
When Jed let's the gm and coaches make all the moves decisions. Also paraage has no say only opinion. Then might actually get good players enough to put fans in seats, chance at a sb.

the gm and coach are making all the decisions now. the product is still the same to me. lol at championship. just want to be respectable and compete with the other two teams that are rated lower than us in the power rankings

I hope so but have my doubts if that is the case now and if it will be the case for the long term.
Jed wants to be Jerry Jones so bad...he's going to get involved at some point just to stroke his own ego...how KS reacts will define his time here.

I wonder if he makes Shanahan meet with him weekly to go over the game plan and if he pops into team meetings like he did with Harbaugh, Tomsula and Kelly?
  • jcs
  • Veteran

I wonder if he makes Shanahan meet with him weekly to go over the game plan and if he pops into team meetings like he did with Harbaugh, Tomsula and Kelly?
Haven't read anything but wouldn't be surprised if he does at some point, it's not an if situation IMO but a when. It's in his character to meddle without caring about consequences.
[ Edited by jcs on Sep 13, 2017 at 9:58 AM ]

Haven't read anything but wouldn't be surprised if he does at some point, it's not an if situation IMO but a when. It's in his character to meddle without caring about consequences.

San Francisco 49ers head coach Chip Kelly had his regular day-after phone conversation with Murph & Mac on KNBR, and he had an interesting, albeit not surprising, revelation. They were getting into a discussion about his relationship with Trent Baalke and Jed York.

Kelly said he had Baalke have a great working relationship, but also a great relationship in general. That was followed by a question of how often Jed York comes into his office to talk football. Kelly said, "Jed's around all the time." The host then asked if they talk about games, the game plan, the roster, and so forth. Kelly said, "Yea, we have weekly meetings." Kelly met with the media on Monday, and he told Chris Biderman the meetings are usually the day after the game, so generally on Monday.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2016/12/19/14012416/chip-kelly-jed-york-football-chats
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Jed probably thought the offense was too good and wanted to make it worse.

Nobody thought HaRoman's offense was too good.
3 years. Next year we draft another QB and beathard takes over. A year after that we move on from beathard or he performs and starts.

We need a legit 1 WR.

At least one talented DE/edge rusher, I'd prefer 2

1 FS

2 guards

1 Sam

1 MLB or will for bow in case bad health

That's two more off seasons.
[ Edited by PacTiger on Sep 13, 2017 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by PacTiger:
3 years. Next year we draft another QB and beathard takes over. A year after that we move on from beathard or he performs and starts.

We need a legit 1 WR.

1 FS

2 guards

Forgot LT cause I don't see Staley and maybe Bow still being around that long
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

We need a legit 1 WR.

1 FS

2 guards

LT

Just added.
2017: 6-10
2018: 9-7
2019: 10+

I would say this is the likely optimistic scenario that can play out. However, we have no f'n clue who our QB will be so who knows
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

We need a legit 1 WR.

1 FS

2 guards

2 lbs, Foster can't be all 3

• titan
  • Veteran
We compete for a championship every year. The real question is when do we get our 6th ring!!!
Share 49ersWebzone