There are 164 users in the forums

**THE OFFICIAL ''REFEREES SCREWED US '' THREAD 2017/18 EDITION

Shop Find 49ers gear online

4 and 1 , Kyle calls a timeout . Ref says it wasn't in time, 4 and 6 forced to kick a field goal.
Sure Hoyer could've called it, but I've seen Billicheck and Caroll do less and get the benefit of the doubt with a timeout call instead of a penalty. Here we go again.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Sep 23, 2018 at 1:07 PM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

4 and 1 , Kyle calls a timeout . Ref says it wasn't in time, 4 and 6 forced to kick a field goal.
Sure Hoyer could've called it, but I've seen Billicheck and Caroll do less and get the benefit of the doubt with a timeout call instead of a penalty. Here we go again.

Hoyer sucks. He was standing there as the clock ticked down and didn't look at it once when he got to the line.
lol the game was already over. The ref screw up helped us, because it made us kick the FG and avoid a home shutout.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol the game was already over. The ref screw up helped us, because it made us kick the FG and avoid a home shutout.

Very True!
I wouldn't say the refs screwed us but those 2 sets of plays were absolutely awful in terms of refs.

First the non call on Garcon's PI/holding which was BLATANT.

Following play was them not giving them the timeout. It looked pretty clear that Kyle was calling for it before the clock hit 00. They should be able to review that crap very quickly. You see the coach giving the signal and yelling for TO on the sidelines...just cuz the oblivious ref on the side isn't registering it doesn't mean it shouldn't be called.

Just total crap on that set. It wouldn't guarantee anything but it would certainly make it more of a game at the end there.
Originally posted by Niners99:

This one yeah didn't matter much at all.

It was the play before when Garcon was obvious held, Goodwin's obvious missed call on the "overthrow," the late hit on Olsen and the PI on Olsen which were some pretty big calls that didn't go our way and made it pretty hard to overcome.
We scored 3 points. it wasn't the refs that screwed us. It was our players, coaches, and owners.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
We scored 3 points. it wasn't the refs that screwed us. It was our players, coaches, and owners.

+1.
Originally posted by genus49:
I wouldn't say the refs screwed us but those 2 sets of plays were absolutely awful in terms of refs.

First the non call on Garcon's PI/holding which was BLATANT.

Following play was them not giving them the timeout. It looked pretty clear that Kyle was calling for it before the clock hit 00. They should be able to review that crap very quickly. You see the coach giving the signal and yelling for TO on the sidelines...just cuz the oblivious ref on the side isn't registering it doesn't mean it shouldn't be called.

Just total crap on that set. It wouldn't guarantee anything but it would certainly make it more of a game at the end there.
there were a lot of non-calls and calls that were completely one sided and the final score is proof of that
I wasn't even watching for it but my God, those guys got away with murder from holding to face masks to no calls on personal fouls, P.I., defense lining up off sides, jumping off sides, hits to the helmet, etc.

I just watched one play where Dumervil is engaged with a blocker and another lineman comes over and spears him in the back and basically tackled him while still engaged.

All our calls seemed to be legit but it was like watching a Ravens or Hawks game out there.

Just two different sets of rules.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 11, 2017 at 3:43 PM ]

Refs will not give us any bias until we start producing some stars on the field who have those TV commercials. Sad reality, but it is what it is.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Refs will not give us any bias until we start producing some stars on the field who have those TV commercials. Sad reality, but it is what it is.

That explains why they left Staley alone.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I wasn't even watching for it but my God, those guys got away with murder from holding to face masks to no calls on personal fouls, P.I., defense lining up off sides, jumping off sides, hits to the helmet, etc.

I just watched one play where Dumervil is engaged with a blocker and another lineman comes over and spears him in the back and basically tackled him while still engaged.

All our calls seemed to be legit but it was like watching a Ravens or Hawks game out there.

Just two different sets of rules.
not sure if you could hear but the "Refs you suck " chant came out. people were tired of the one sided game
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 11, 2017 at 3:44 PM ]
If you have to blame the refs for the calls....

...you might be a crappy team.

Loved Shanny's tirade on the sideline though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
If you have to blame the refs for the calls....

...you might be a crappy team.

Loved Shanny's tirade on the sideline though.

Me too, love to see that he had some kind of fire in him and didn't just sit back and do a Tomsula face expression.
Share 49ersWebzone