LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

What is up with our empty stadium??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
For the record, no one is judging those of you who choose to do other things on Sunday, or choose to watch the game in the comfort of your own home. That's your choice. Totally fine.

What isnt fine is if you are one of the people who I just described above, and are also b***hing about the lack of people in the seats.

Sit at home. Go to your kids games. Do your thing and live your life. But dont complain about no one going if you yourself are choosing not to go. Thats all.

I agree with this.

Most people complaining are probably just bitter guys living in The City. And they don't want to drive down to watch a terrible team. They could have just took the bus to watch the terrible team instead if they played at the Stick.

By the way, I never complain about empty stadiums. Quite frankly, I don't really care. It will never be loud enough to be a factor anyway. The on field product is what matters to me, and so far, it is still a s**t show.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Sep 10, 2017 at 8:55 PM ]
For the record, no one is judging those of you who choose to do other things on Sunday, or choose to watch the game in the comfort of your own home. That's your choice. Totally fine.

What isnt fine is if you are one of the people who I just described above, and are also b***hing about the lack of people in the seats.

Sit at home. Go to your kids games. Do your thing and live your life. But dont complain about no one going if you yourself are choosing not to go. Thats all.

While I am one of those choosing to not go to the game, definitely not someone complaining about crowd sizes or people who are there choosing to find some shade. Even though I had home side UB season tix for over 20 years, I was allotted 400-section visitor side tix at Levi's, knew they'd be sun-soaked. Pass.
I was there today for the first time since 2014, and honestly can't say when I'll ever be back.

The place really does suck. I tried to be open minded about it, and it'll never be the stick, but holy christ..there's a laundry list of why it's awful.

It was 106 in SF last week and the 95 degrees in that stadium today felt 20 times as hot. I grew up on the east coast in hot humid summers and never felt like I did today.

The routine event staff incompetence meant we still had long lines getting into the stadium even past kickoff. lines for water fountains were ungodly and god forbid they give you tap water on days like today instead of iobbing you five bucks for Aquafina.

Team is bad. We knew that going in. But in year four this place is just as s**tty as it was Day 1. Maybe worse.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

While I am one of those choosing to not go to the game, definitely not someone complaining about crowd sizes or people who are there choosing to find some shade. Even though I had home side UB season tix for over 20 years, I was allotted 400-section visitor side tix at Levi's, knew they'd be sun-soaked. Pass.

Totally fair. Have had season tickets for 23 years. Was on the sun side at the Stick, and am on the sun side now. People conveniently (not sure if intentionally) forget that people ran for shade at the Stick on those 1 or 2 hot games a season. There are just far more hot games in Santa Clara obviously.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I was there today for the first time since 2014, and honestly can't say when I'll ever be back.

The place really does suck. I tried to be open minded about it, and it'll never be the stick, but holy christ..there's a laundry list of why it's awful.

It was 106 in SF last week and the 95 degrees in that stadium today felt 20 times as hot. I grew up on the east coast in hot humid summers and never felt like I did today.

The routine event staff incompetence meant we still had long lines getting into the stadium even past kickoff. lines for water fountains were ungodly and god forbid they give you tap water on days like today instead of iobbing you five bucks for Aquafina.

Team is bad. We knew that going in. But in year four this place is just as s**tty as it was Day 1. Maybe worse.

Yeah, like I said before. Ocean breeze at the Stick made it feel a lot better. In Santa Clara, you get no wind. Nothing. You're just sitting there and cooking.

To be fair, we're getting some unusual heat these past couple of weeks, so it may not be the norm.
The game was over after the first 10 minutes, no point in cooking yourself in the heat.
  • KP82
GB Den Buff got nothing on our fans. Those guys will sit in subzero temps (sometimes half naked) weathering the elements (snow ice rain) keeping their stadiums loud, noisy, and jam packed.

Our fans are hiding from the sun. Oh the terror !
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Tear down Levis and bring the 49ers back to San Francisco.
  • KP82
And to think this will be our "home" for the next half century.

This team truly has fallen from grace. Took it's fanbase with it.
Originally posted by KP82:
GB Den Buff got nothing on our fans. Those guys will sit in subzero temps (sometimes half naked) weathering the elements (snow ice rain) keeping their stadiums loud, noisy, and jam packed.

I've been to cold-weather games before, and I'll take the cold, rain. and snow over heat any day.

Originally posted by KP82:

You can bundle up for the cold. Not much you can do with the heat of a thousand suns shining down on you. Get naked I guess but that would make things worse.
How bad does it ever get at Arrowhead? 100 degrees? I never been there.
Jed looks comfy in his box tho
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

Thats why he'll never fix it...
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Thats why he'll never fix it...

"It's a cool 70 degrees in here. Not sure what everyone is complaining about."
Share 49ersWebzone