There are 161 users in the forums

When should we start Beathard?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When should we start Beathard?

Originally posted by Antix:
I just dont believe a rookie can have enough grasp on the offense. Everybody knew Hoyer sucked. Some tried to convince themselves that maybe he could turn it around, but he sucks. CJ has shown in preaeason he can make something outta nothing, but its too soon imo. Lets just get that top 3 pick.

Beathard made something out of nothing against 2nd stringers. Webzone is delusional. Backup QBs are always the most popular player on bad teams
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Meh, they both won't get the job done. Just waiting til we get our QB this offseason
One more game
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by Antix:
I just dont believe a rookie can have enough grasp on the offense. Everybody knew Hoyer sucked. Some tried to convince themselves that maybe he could turn it around, but he sucks. CJ has shown in preaeason he can make something outta nothing, but its too soon imo. Lets just get that top 3 pick.

Beathard made something out of nothing against 2nd stringers. Webzone is delusional. Backup QBs are always the most popular player on bad teams

Exactly...thats why I said he shouldn't start yet...
Next year. Put him in games in certain situations so he can be successful. Let him learn the offense we're not going anywhere this year anyway.
I would like to start him on thursday, but dont want to do that to him on the short week. Let Hoyer get the start. When he stinks, let Beathard get his feet wet in the 4th quarter, then take over the following week @cards on a long week..
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Sep 17, 2017 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Next year. Put him in games in certain situations so he can be successful. Let him learn the offense we're not going anywhere this year anyway.

Give beathard a year to sit.
Hoyer has this Thursday to fix things.

If he doesn't...CJ will be the week 4 starter
  • Jiks
When he's ready, which I don't think he's even remotely close to being. If this continues we won't have a choice later on down the road though.
[ Edited by Jiks on Sep 17, 2017 at 5:03 PM ]
I didn't want Beathard to start so soon, but actually seeing us almost uppend Seattle, it felt like the tragic Phil Jennings games. Hoyer's head looks gone, he looks emotionally finished. A short week definitely won't change anything though, Hoyer will sulk the sadness into another weekend. Hoyer a raincloud, while CJ is Sunshine lol.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Hoyer needs to torch the Rams. If he struggles again, it may be time to give CJ a shot.
Why wasn't he starting week 1?

Is Shanahan's system so convoluted that you need a Ph.D. to even run 25-30 plays a game?

Just give him the lite version and send him out there ASAP.

I don't even know why we signed this bum Hoyer? So what if he knows the system, be a coach then, why do we need him as a starter to teach the young pups.
[ Edited by awp8912 on Sep 17, 2017 at 5:04 PM ]
I give him 2 more games unless we win the next two and he loOKs good
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I didn't want Beathard to start so soon, but actually seeing us almost uppend Seattle, it felt like the tragic Phil Jennings games. Hoyer's head looks gone, he looks emotionally finished. A short week definitely won't change anything though, Hoyer will sulk the sadness into another weekend. Hoyer a raincloud, while CJ is Sunshine lol.

How many QBs actually won in Seattle?

I can only think of Tony Romo.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by awp8912:
Why wasn't he starting week 1?

Is Shanahan's system so convoluted that you need a Ph.D. to even run 25-30 plays a game?

Just give him the lite version and trout him out there ASAP.

I don't even know why we signed this bum Hoyer? So what if he knows the system, be a coach then, why do we need him as a starter to teach the young pups.

Remember when you guys wanted to "dumb down" the offense for Kap?

This isn't Madden.
Share 49ersWebzone