LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

When should we start Beathard?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When should we start Beathard?

Edit....... never mind didn't read it right.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Sep 6, 2017 at 11:46 AM ]
I don't want him to be thrown to the fire unless is not other choice. While Hoyer has limitations but his full knowledge of Shanny's offense give us best chance to win games specially if we're under the scoreboard with right audibles on certain circumstances.

Beathard is young and with much potential but any defense can easily exploit his inexperience and even trick him to commit mistakes like a bad reading on coverage or sudden DB blitz.

Let's hope CJ don't see the field earlier than 2018
By game 6 when Hoyer gets injured again because our guards suck. Not complaining just the way it is..Can't fix every single thing in one off season. Hoyer is going to go down more than a few times I think. I just hope CJ gets close to half a season practicing and watching from the sidelines. He may be functional by then.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by mojave45:
By game 6 when Hoyer gets injured again because our guards suck. Not complaining just the way it is..Can't fix every single thing in one off season. Hoyer is going to go down more than a few times I think. I just hope CJ gets close to half a season practicing and watching from the sidelines. He may be functional by then.

I have this same feeling. Hoyer's never made it an entire year. I just hope he can make it through the first 10 games then we have a bye week 11.
Sometime in November
Originally posted by mojave45:

If Hoyer can be as durable as Alex Smith, he will last the entire season. We may have to wait until next year, or garbage time for the beat hard.
Believe in Beathard
What do you think? Hoyer is the number one scapegoat for today. How many more chances does he get?
If we don't win any games until the Bye week, I'll consider it.

Don't know why people have unrealistic expectations. These two defenses were top 10, and even good QBs struggle playing in Seattle.
Now

Now!

Same outcome in games only the rook would take his lumps. Hoyer is not the short term or long term answer!
I give Hoyer 1 more game to prove himself
If hoyer sucks again next game bench him and give CJ a shot. If CJ sucks just kneel the rest of the game.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I just dont believe a rookie can have enough grasp on the offense. Everybody knew Hoyer sucked. Some tried to convince themselves that maybe he could turn it around, but he sucks. CJ has shown in preaeason he can make something outta nothing, but its too soon imo. Lets just get that top 3 pick.
won't be Thursday, they'll wait til he gets a full week of work with the 1's. Buckle up guys, we get to watch Hoyer play like a bum for atleast one more week.
Share 49ersWebzone