LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Colts sign Jeremy Mcnichols

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Wtf is wrong with the Bucs gm? "McNichols got his feelings hurt," Licht said. "We don't want that kind of s**t anyway. f**k him."

What's wrong with our gm on signing him
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Wtf is wrong with the Bucs gm? "McNichols got his feelings hurt," Licht said. "We don't want that kind of s**t anyway. f**k him."

He said that? On Hard Knocks?

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/905263175960027136

What a dummy lol

Just seen it. Their GM didn't exactly take the high road.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

nothing
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

nothing

Makes the same mistakes getting the QB killed and that's nothing?
Makes the same mistakes getting the QB killed and that's nothing?

he's on the practice squad
Originally posted by PacTiger:

He said that? On Hard Knocks?

https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/905263175960027136

What a dummy lol

Just seen it. Their GM didn't exactly take the high road.

TBF here is the whole excerpt..."McNichols got his feelings hurt," Licht said after McNichols chose the 49ers over the Bucs' offer. "If he's going to mope and complain about being taken out of the game when he just made one mistake. I mean, we don't want that kind of [expletive] anyway.

It's being debated that at the end he just said f**k and not f**k him.

Licht was caught making an emotional response to McNichols bailing on his word to the Bucs head coach Dirk Koetter. The day before the Bucs had offered him a spot on their practice squad and McNichols seemed receptive to that. Here's that exchange...

Koetter to McNichols: "Jeremy, this is the one I've been looking forward to the least. OK? Because I didn't see this coming. All along, I had you penciled in as making it. You're good enough to play in the NFL, but, you know, something is just not clicking right now. What do you think it is?"

McNichols: "Uh, I think it's just actually grasping the playbook. . . knowing NFL defenses. Once I get that down like the back of my hand, like in college, I don't think it's going to be a problem."

Koetter: "No, because I know you can do it. We want to keep working with you 'cause I know what's in there. We want you here, playing on the practice squad. If you don't get claimed, do you want to come back here? Or are you saying, 'I can't wait to get the hell out of here?'

McNichols: "No, I want to come back. I think this is a good spot for me. I like culture. I like you guys, the coaches.

Koetter: "We like you, too. Don't think just because I scream at you sometimes that it doesn't mean I don't like you. It means I want you to get better. When I stop screaming at you, that's means I gave up. OK, I'll talk to you. Good luck. I want you still here."

The following day, Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht was informed that McNichols decided to instead sign with the 49ers' practice squad after he was not claimed on waivers.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I don't think it's an accident we got one of the highest ratios of undrafteds making the team. I think it's like 5-ish made the team this year? I think John Lynch is one savvy snake oil salesman to poach a guy like him from the Bucs. I guess it helps to have played there too.
Get the feeling he doesn't respond well to that kind of coaching. He's also from LA, so can see the appeal of coming back to the west coast.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I don't think it's an accident we got one of the highest ratios of undrafteds making the team. I think it's like 5-ish made the team this year? I think John Lynch is one savvy snake oil salesman to poach a guy like him from the Bucs. I guess it helps to have played there too.

What helps is that your starting RB is injury-prone, and has one year left on his contract, the 4th-round rookie only made enough effort to end on the IR, the 2nd on the depthchart is an UDFA, while the #3 is already with his 7th NFL team, without a single offensive stat in two years.

The Bucks (and Hard Knocks) made McNichols believe that he made the team. Licht decided to cut him when Doug Martin won't be on the roster for the first three games, which is a clear sign that they don't count on him for the season.
What I think is funny is that the GM says that they don't want a guy that pouts and whines and gets his feelings hurt when taken out of a game, and then turns around and pouts and whines and gets his feelings hurt because he chose the 49ers over them. Also when mcnichols said he wanted to be back he said that not knowing he would have any other offers.

• Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Redrum2152:
What I think is funny is that the GM says that they don't want a guy that pouts and whines and gets his feelings hurt when taken out of a game, and then turns around and pouts and whines and gets his feelings hurt because he chose the 49ers over them. Also when mcnichols said he wanted to be back he said that not knowing he would have any other offers.

Yeah exactly.

Teams are ruthless with players, they shouldn't act surprised when a player opts for a better deal.

It helps when your roster sucks. I think Breida and Jerome genuinely did well but the rest of these dudes aren't making a quality roster.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by Redrum2152:

Yeah exactly.

Teams are ruthless with players, they shouldn't act surprised when a player opts for a better deal.

It's more of a catch 22 if anything. Some people on the internet are making a bigger deal out of it than what it is. Licht felt disrespected that McNichols kind of went back on his word and basically said if he doesn't want to be here, then we don't need him here. McNichols saw what he felt was a better opportunity closer to home and took it. Roster cuts are emotional moments for both players and GM's/coaches. Not much more to see here.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 6, 2017 at 9:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

It helps when your roster sucks. I think Breida and Jerome genuinely did well but the rest of these dudes aren't making a quality roster.

Colbert made it cause of Don Jones(Needed for ST)... Magnuson probs cause of Garnett, we got Kerley/Ellington/Several other WRs cut for Bolden and Bourne. Mostert for ST and ability and still runs a 4.4(lil all around back).
What a dummy lol

lol is this coming from the guy who drafted Roberto Aguayo with their 2nd round pick???
Share 49ersWebzone