There are 200 users in the forums

So who's the opening week PR

Shop Find 49ers gear online

So who's the opening week PR

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Shanahan's already shown he's going young as hell this first year since he does have final say over the 53. Taylor will be PR because why the hell not.

If not Bolden that I'd rather have Goodwin return punts and kicks
Originally posted by fan49:
Shanahan's already shown he's going young as hell this first year since he does have final say over the 53. Taylor will be PR because why the hell not.

Definitely not putting Goodwin out there. He'd be great, but we need him as a WR. Can't risk it.

Oh helllllll no
Allen Rossum
What I like about Bolden Jr. is there's very little lateral movement. He commits to a seam and gets upfield NOW. If the seam is there, he's gone.

I think we keep 5 WRs active on game day, and I think Bourne doesn't suit. Taylor starts in the slot and will have a lot of success there. Keep him fresh and healthy. Besides, Taylor isn't nearly as dynamic in the return game.
Originally posted by post_primitive:
I think we keep 5 WRs active on game day, and I think Bourne doesn't suit. Taylor starts in the slot and will have a lot of success there. Keep him fresh and healthy. Besides, Taylor isn't nearly as dynamic in the return game.

Yep. Really no reason to keep Bolden on the 53 unless you intend for him to be on the 46.

Still think it's possible Taylor takes turns or takes the job at PR though, although if I had to put money on it I'd guess Bolden for that too.

(Needing to preserve Taylor for the slot is overrated, as last year in Atlanta KS ran three wide at the lowest rate in the NFL).
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Allen Rossum

i was so pissed when we let him walk. We had no one else on the team that could return punts. Went years before finally signing Ginn. so may muffed punts.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, no way they risk Taylor now with Kerley gone.

Is it really that shocking if we do though? Belichick used Welker and Edelman as PRs all the time

The irony is that Bolden is backing up Taylor so what's the point. If you have a homerun threat at both spots and that's pretty much 95% of what he'll do, why bother using Taylor there if he's a lesser returner? It just makes no sense... even if the coaches go that route.
Kyle Williams

Because he's not as good as Boldin it's not even close

This. Taylor is a decent backup but why in the world would a coaching staff NOT use Bolden over Taylor? And inactivate him on game days? That makes zero sense!

I'm thinking these are fans of Bourne hoping Bolden Jr. is the inactive one on game days instead?

It ain't happening.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 4, 2017 at 10:09 AM ]

Bolden all the way....if he doesn't produce, then Taylor. But it will be bolden.
You think either of our return guys this year are noticeably better than what we've trotted out the last 5+?

Haven't watched any preseason games in depth to tell. I remember back in 2012 we had a guy return a kickoff against the Vikes at home in preseason and he got cut soon after.

TT is the starting slot receiver so being active on game days he'll likely get his share of PR opportunities depending on field position. He also looks quite capable of breaking a big return, just not as fast as Bolden, Jr.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Sep 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Yeah, no way they risk Taylor now with Kerley gone.

Is it really that shocking if we do though? Belichick used Welker and Edelman as PRs all the time

The irony is that Bolden is backing up Taylor so what's the point. If you have a homerun threat at both spots and that's pretty much 95% of what he'll do, why bother using Taylor there if he's a lesser returner? It just makes no sense... even if the coaches go that route.

I agree lets see what bolden can do.

I want Taylor out there catching passes witht the starters

TT is the starting slot receiver so being active on game days he'll likely get his share of PR opportunities depending on field position. He also looks quite capable of breaking a big return, just not as fast as Bolden, Jr.

Yeah thats the difference of blowing through a hole or just enough juice to take it to the outside shoulder.
Share 49ersWebzone