There are 173 users in the forums

OL Laken Tomlinson, signs with NYJ

Shop 49ers game tickets
Can we bench this guy for Manguson?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If he was improving sure but he's not...take his money and add it to a upgrade in FA. Fusco is better than him and I'd rather have Magnuson then him

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Hopefully After drafting Quenton Nelson next yr Garnett and Tomlinson will fight for the other G spot..Garnett should win but who knows..

Tomlinson isn't fighting for anything imo we can save $1.6 million cutting is ass...I like Nelson a lot I just question if he's a ideal fit for kyles ZBS

For what it's worth kyle was a fan of Garnett in the draft

I would hang onto Laken thru TC and half of PS. If he gets it by then, well, he's a keeper. If not...then he isn't.

If he was improving sure but he's not...take his money and add it to a upgrade in FA. Fusco is better than him and I'd rather have Magnuson then him

NY, when i ISOed on fusco, magnus, and laken, I had a hard time deciding on one over the other. All looked like they were lost at times, and some of those ended up in big hits on CJ. So i have a hard time in getting excited about any of them. IF there is one or more that is teachable, fine. But if we got into TC and have bought an all pro C, an OG, and then we think we are going to gamble on either of the 3 guys above as "coming around". I don't want to see that...i want 2 OGs both exceptional blockers, and an all pro C, that we have already bought. THEN, i am perfectly fine with keeping 1,2, or 3 of them as "in training". Unfortunately, our injury hx is such that we better have drafted some OC/OGs that may not be starters this yr, but will be a couple yrs down the road. If not, esp if we don't fill that 3rd slot we are rolling the dice on finding just ONE OL in draft....which gives us a solid OL...but...it is possible none of the 3 we have now will make the cut. So get 3 OLs in FA, and then draft a couple more in top 3-4 rds, who can be coached up for two yrs out. We still have Garnett which is our backup ace in the hole, but even there we don't have much info.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I wish, Manguson seems to be more comfortable on the right side.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

flip Fusco to LG and Mags to RG. Beadles and Williams as backups.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

flip Fusco to LG and Mags to RG. Beadles and Williams as backups.

I would love that, but Kyle has been afraid to play rooks on the O-line.

It's coming
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

It's coming

Honestly I want to see Williams Jr at RT and Magnuson at LG for the second half. Tomlinson keeps getting worse
Magnus is in!
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Magnus is in!

For Brown....Tomlinson is still at LG
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Magnus is in!

For Brown....Tomlinson is still at LG

My bad i tuned in before half so didnt thoroughly acknowledge he started at RT.

• jcs
  • Veteran
wanted to give him a shot but this guy is as bad as Kilgore....
This guy plays like molasses
Yea he gave us about 2 good games then reverted back to his normal play
I want to give this guy some love. It wasn't pretty nor perfect, but he fought his ass off yesterday. Laken was hanging on for dear life every time he went up against Calais lol. But he battled and turned it into a fist fight.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Heroism:
I want to give this guy some love. It wasn't pretty nor perfect, but he fought his ass off yesterday. Laken was hanging on for dear life every time he went up against Calais lol. But he battled and turned it into a fist fight.

Yep, was watching him a good bit of the time and he certainly played his best game of the year.
Share 49ersWebzone