LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

2017 Preseason: Chargers @ 49ers (Aug. 31)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wind sprint game for Aaron Lynch
this is usually the only game I don't watch unless I have nothing to do and I'm just sitting in front of the tv.
I wonder how much C.J will play? , and I wonder if we will let Mostert run the ball 10-12 times tonight
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Snap Count is going to speak volumes to players standing on the team in this game. Traditionally it's the game you rest your starters and primary backups the guys that play the majority of this game are likely to get cut.
Originally posted by miked1978:
this is usually the only game I don't watch unless I have nothing to do and I'm just sitting in front of the tv.

I've invested some care into some of the players deeper down the depth chart just so this game is more interesting for me. These are the guys I want to see more of tonight.

Joe Williams
Breida
Hikutini
A. Lynch (he may be showcasing for other teams and will probably increase his $1.8 million a year after this year)
Blair
Ray-Ray
Smelter
Bourne
Blake Bell
CJ
Bolden Jr.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Snap Count is going to speak volumes to players standing on the team in this game. Traditionally it's the game you rest your starters and primary backups the guys that play the majority of this game are likely to get cut.

I agree. The more they play, the stronger you can make the case that they are going to be a free agent in two days. I think by the 4rth Qtr, everybody playing will be getting cut, unfortunately.
I want Cole Hikutini not only to get some significant playing time but also shine, i would hate to keep Blake Bell over a promising young TE by default. Bell is garbage & at least Hikutini can probably develop into a someone worth having around
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I want Cole Hikutini not only to get some significant playing time but also shine, i would hate to keep Blake Bell over a promising young TE by default. Bell is garbage & at least Hikutini can probably develop into a someone worth having around

Hikutini has one glaring advantage over bell...KS and Lynch signee.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I wonder how much C.J will play? , and I wonder if we will let Mostert run the ball 10-12 times tonight

CJ will probably play the whole first half.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Mostert,
this year's NinerTalk Preseason HOFFER.

he's gonna get cut.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Mostert,

he's gonna get cut.

Have u ever posted a positive post on here? such a Debbie Downer Chaz

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Mostert,

he's gonna get cut.

Certainly possible.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

He's one player I'd like to see more also. Considering Kyle likes to operate 3 TE formations a lot, it's also a position I think he'll go after again in next years draft, unless a guy like Hikutini develops this year.
Originally posted by Giedi:

He's one player I'd like to see more also. Considering Kyle likes to operate 3 TE formations a lot, it's also a position I think he'll go after again in next years draft, unless a guy like Hikutini develops this year.

Barring a trade though i see the TE's being though

George Kittle
Logan Paulsen
Garrett Celek
  • thl408
What positions are still undecided?
Hightower vs Mostert at 4th RB
Hikutini vs Celek at 3rd TE
Theus vs Gilliam at swing OT
6th WR?
Backup slot CB?
Share 49ersWebzone