LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

The Raheem "The joy of a dream" Mostert thread!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Pretty sure this kid just earned a roster spot with that int

lol
Wow, I don't think anyone had Mostert pegged as an All-Pro Special Team (1st Quarter). He has been making some good plays out there. Now if he can only hold onto the ball when he runs...

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Three-49ers-Named-to-PFFs-First-Quarter-All-Pro-Team/255afe82-698f-4728-b489-bfd8874c4cd2
[ Edited by Rice-a-Ronnie on Oct 5, 2017 at 11:04 PM ]
Give that boy a lil ketchup for gods sake.
Best gunner in the game. Pinion's best friend.

He definitely makes the squad and will be a ST star.

Also great insurance if one of our RB go down.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Best gunner in the game. Pinion's best friend.

been saying this forever. PFF must've finally read my posts.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I think a lot will depend on how Joe Williams does in camp and during pre-season. If he balls out he gives you a lot more home run potential in the running back slot then Mostert does. Whatever his talents are on ST Mostert seems like just another guy at RB. If Williams shows up to play then you have a rotation of McKinnon, Breida, and Williams, each of whom have shown the ability to break long runs. I think the battle will be between Mostert and Burbridge for that ST slot and will depend on how each one does at their designated position RB or WR and how many the team decides to keep at each position. Tough battles for sure.
Originally posted by 49ers81:

I think a lot will depend on how Joe Williams does in camp and during pre-season. If he balls out he gives you a lot more home run potential in the running back slot then Mostert does. Whatever his talents are on ST Mostert seems like just another guy at RB. If Williams shows up to play then you have a rotation of McKinnon, Breida, and Williams, each of whom have shown the ability to break long runs. I think the battle will be between Mostert and Burbridge for that ST slot and will depend on how each one does at their designated position RB or WR and how many the team decides to keep at each position. Tough battles for sure.

Agree

Good post!
Don't count this guy out just yet. Had some very nice runs and we already know that he's a beast on special teams.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Don't count this guy out just yet. Had some very nice runs and we already know that he's a beast on special teams.

I think we carry 4 RBs and makes it IMO.

The only reason I've wanted us to keep Mostert for a few years now is because his speed in Madden.

Besides that imo, he doesn't have the natural vision to be a starting RB. IMO he doesn't have better vision than Breida or Joe Williams.

I'm really impressed with how quickly he's come back from that MCL. He's been a lock in my book but his pre season game just validated it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 13, 2018 at 8:22 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

I'm really impressed how quickly he's come back from that MCL. He's been a lock in my book but his pre season game just validated it.

Agree with that. He looks much faster and quicker than Williams. Right now (based on one pre-season game) I'd pick Raheem over Williams.

Agree

Good post!

Sorry to say you are clueless. You obviously don't know about Mostert. He was among the top rated special teams gunners in the NFL last season. You say Williams has shown more ability to break long runs? In your dreams. Mostert runs a 4.32. Here was a run last season: https://twitter.com/49ers/status/901993222229987328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E901993222229987328&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.49erswebzone.com%2Fforum%2Fniners%2F189135-raheem-joy-dream-mostert-thread%2F

He is so talented, keeping him as a backup RB enables the team to cut both Williams and Burbridge. Mostert is far more valuable than you realize.
[ Edited by kezarvet49 on Aug 12, 2018 at 5:41 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kezarvet49:

Agree

Good post!

Sorry to say you are clueless. You obviously don't know about Mostert. He was among the top rated special teams gunners in the NFL last season. You say Williams has shown more ability to break long runs? In your dreams. Mostert runs a 4.32. Here was a run last season: https://twitter.com/49ers/status/901993222229987328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E901993222229987328&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.49erswebzone.com%2Fforum%2Fniners%2F189135-raheem-joy-dream-mostert-thread%2F

He is so talented, keeping him as a backup RB enables the team to cut both Williams and Burbridge. Mostert is far more valuable than you realize.

That speed is unreal. That's getting into Marquis Goodwin territory - for a running back.
Share 49ersWebzone