There are 152 users in the forums

Week 1 Preseason: What rookie impressed you the most out of the following?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Week 1 Preseason: What rookie impressed you the most out of the following?

So far, this looks like a great bunch of rookies. (Yes, I know.. preseason hype)
Joe Williams' acceleration burst was phenomenal, visions was very impressive.
Trent Taylor showed off his soft hands, savvy route running.
CJ Beathard, not 1, but 2 TDs. Yes, 2 easy scores... but still EFFICIENT POINT SCORING DRIVES!
Kendrick Bourne, someone might have found his way on to the roster if he can keep this up
Matt Brieda, didn't look terrible.. the rough oline didn't help him though.
Solomon Thomas & Reuben Foster - in limited action, and limited prep for Thomas.. I was thoroughly impressed.

Fellas, your thoughts?
Solomon Thomas, easily.
BeatHard... easily, the hardest position to play esp. behind a crap 3rd string OL that let free rushers come at you right up the middle and blast you for free (Marcus Rush).
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
not gonna lie, that pocket presence/movement from Bretard on the TD to Bourne was pretty fkn impressive. Also that grab by Bourne on the 2pt conv.

Thomas was by far the most impressive tho.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Solomon Thomas, easily.

So refreshing that our 1st round pick jumps in there and immediately makes a difference.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
So refreshing that our 1st round pick jumps in there and immediately makes a difference.

So refreshing that our GM and HC picked good HEALTHY talent. Also refreshing to feel like we're all on the same page as fans, considering so many originally hated the Solomon and BeatHard picks.

Most importantly, relieving to feel like we won't be let down by this draft class.
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

So refreshing that our GM and HC picked good HEALTHY talent. Also refreshing to feel like we're all on the same page as fans, considering so many originally hated the Solomon and BeatHard picks.

Most importantly, relieving to feel like we won't be let down by this draft class.

It can all come crashing down in a less than a week.

I'm impressed but not yet relieved
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
It can all come crashing down in a less than a week.

I'm impressed but not yet relieved

Agree, good call. It's a long rebuilding process, proceed with caution
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Solomon Thomas, easily.

does Thomas know he's not supposed to be trying to get sacks? Someone should tell him.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Solomon Thomas, easily.

does Thomas know he's not supposed to be trying to get sacks? Someone should tell him.
he didn't get any sacks the last game. so he's right on track

I was very pleased with each rookie listed on this page. They all contributed positively towards the team. I am encouraged by the team mentality that was shown before, during, and after the game. I am NOT nuts and shouting superbowl, playoffs, or if any of these rooks' will be eventual probowlers, but it is nice and refreshing to see rookies work and contribute positively. I was very encouraged to see the top brass and coaches work cohesively together. The team looks different than in years past.
[ Edited by firehunter33 on Aug 14, 2017 at 2:57 PM ]
They all showed up but the nod goes to Solly.

CJ really did not look like a rookie.
I picked Breida. For an undrafted rookie, he had a solid outing in a preseason game. He wasn't expected to be that good.
I really liked what Soloman Thomas & CJ Beathard did in the game. I was very impressed with WR Kendrick Bourne during the game
I picked Joe Williams. His burst was impressive. One play there was a pile of bodies and I thought he was stuffed and all of a sudden he squirted out of the pile for a significant gain. Very "Frank " like.
But they all were impressive in their own ways
Share 49ersWebzone