LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 207 users in the forums

Preseason 2017: 49ers vs Broncos

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I still don't understand why Elway don't want Kyle to be the HC for Denver. It makes so much sense to me to have Kyle after Kubiak.

Was sure Kyle would go to Denver, until he wasn't.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I still don't understand why Elway don't want Kyle to be the HC for Denver. It makes so much sense to me to have Kyle after Kubiak.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413764-mile-high-feud-john-elway-and-mike-shanahan-still-have-a-beef-but-why

I think the Bronco's firing his dad also plays a role.
[ Edited by jcs on Aug 15, 2017 at 2:43 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413764-mile-high-feud-john-elway-and-mike-shanahan-still-have-a-beef-but-why

I think control of the team is a good possibility for Elway and Mike not to want anything with each other. If John thinks Mike would mettle, take control in the background, if he hires Kyle, then that would be one reason to go with someone else. Like after seeing them with the Redskins.

John and Mike go way back, when they Mutiny on the Bounty against Reeves conservative play calls. I think both guys know enough of each other characteristics to not encroach on each other's control. That would explain why John would prefer Mike to be out of a Denver before he gets into the FO.
Going to this game if anyone cares. Pumped. Gimme CJ the Great for three quarters.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
did we win?

Where have you been?

[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 15, 2017 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
It looked like Reid and Shanny agreed to let off in the 4th quarter so no BS injuries happen. I wonder if a similar approach happens with the Broncos.

f**k yes. Scrimmages well help too so theyre familiar with each other,not to mention when the game comes around, theres no suprises and legit battles.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 16, 2017 at 12:25 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Looking forward to this joint practice.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Its good business.

You know what i thought about as far as making player trades...would make Sense if we do so with teams we play in pre season cause then the opposing teams can be intrigued and see our players first hand.

After rewatching KC game im really not trippin or desperate to make a trade...yet. Broncos game will give us a better insight.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 16, 2017 at 12:24 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Its good business.

You know what i thought about as far as making player trades...would make Sense if we do so with teams we play in pre season cause then the opposing teams can be intrigued and see our players first hand.

After rewatching KC game im really not trippin or desperate to make a trade...yet. Broncos game will give us a better insight.

Yeah, maybe they have an extra O-lineman they can give us. Maybe, for one of our surplus D-lineman.

Its good business.

Yeah, maybe they have an extra O-lineman they can give us. Maybe, for one of our surplus D-lineman.

Yup . We play the Vikes after the Broncos, then after the Vikes we finish at home VS the Chargers.

• Giedi
  • Veteran

I think control of the team is a good possibility for Elway and Mike not to want anything with each other. If John thinks Mike would mettle, take control in the background, if he hires Kyle, then that would be one reason to go with someone else. Like after seeing them with the Redskins.

John and Mike go way back, when they Mutiny on the Bounty against Reeves conservative play calls. I think both guys know enough of each other characteristics to not encroach on each other's control. That would explain why John would prefer Mike to be out of a Denver before he gets into the FO.

I totally agree with you, and I'll just add that Jed already had probably talked to Kyle and said Kyle is going to have total control of the ball club from coaching to drafting. Now obviously Lynch is there as GM, but it was Kyle who pretty much had to OK it that Lynch come on board as a GM. I think one example of Kyle's control is the fact that Joe Williams was taken off of Lynch's draft board and Kyle said put him back on, and Lynch did.
All I want to see is Beathard, Joe Williams, our DL and our rookie FS.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

No Question! Me too! I hope BeatHard knocks it out of the park in the Denver game, that frees up Barkley's spot for Mullins or another position guy like one of the WR's or one of the RB's, or something like that.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Joecool:

No Question! Me too! I hope BeatHard knocks it out of the park in the Denver game, that frees up Barkley's spot for Mullins or another position guy like one of the WR's or one of the RB's, or something like that.

Pita T!
  • titan
  • Veteran

Elway wanted Kyle to call him Uncle John... Kyle told him to screw you horse face and He doesn't care if they put his horse face portrait on their helmet, it's never gonna happen!!! I think that's the real reason...I wish I had a source, but I don't.
Share 49ersWebzone