LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Injuries - 9-Year Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey guys, unless you have heard something I haven't, we got through a Sunday without any injuries! Yippee!
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Hey guys, unless you have heard something I haven't, we got through a Sunday without any injuries! Yippee!

Bwahaha...nope, reports are BeatHard reaggravated his thumb picking up his bag at luggage claim.

This one is interesting given how little we spent in FA.

Glad to hear but you may want to look into the Levi curse and find some black magic reversal as this has been happening for three years before you were even here, John.

I don't think our injuries are severe injuries. It seems like Kyle is purposefully shutting players down to save them for next year while still learning the system. That article on Joshua Garnett is a perfect example.

49ers want Joshua Garnett to change his body for 2018
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think our injuries are severe injuries. It seems like Kyle is purposefully shutting players down to save them for next year while still learning the system. That article on Joshua Garnett is a perfect example.

Timing of the injuries are key too...off season before the 53 and in-season.

We currently have a few on the 53 that have broken thumbs and 3rd grade MCL sprains, etc...those players 'should' probably be on I.R. esp. with just a few weeks to go.

I agree in the off season with the I.R. method...a fat ass like Garnett and a rookie like Joe Williams, sure, give them a year on I.R. with a toe nail but all the others seem very legit esp. when you factor in when they got hurt, the recovery time needed and the number of weeks left in the season.

You also have to consider we already used our 2 designation to returns on Blair and Tank.

Do you have any other examples?
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 22, 2017 at 8:22 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Timing of the injuries are key too...off season before the 53 and in-season.

We currently have a few on the 53 that have broken thumbs and 3rd grade MCL sprains, etc...those players 'should' probably be on I.R. esp. with just a few weeks to go.

I agree in the off season with the I.R. method...a fat ass like Garnett and a rookie like Joe Williams, sure, give them a year on I.R. with a toe nail but all the others seem very legit esp. when you factor in when they got hurt, the recovery time needed and the number of weeks left in the season.

Do you have any other examples?

Nah.

Man, I really hope Joe Williams comes through for us next year. That speed.
Nah.

I hear you...I actually thought that was a great move. Give Hyde and Breida a full year and see how they do.

And give Joe a full year to get counseling, fully acclimate to the NFL with proper diet, conditioning, learning the playbook, the nuances and all with no pressure.

He might be someone that explodes out of the gate. Reports are that Garnett is still fat and a blob so clearly, he hasn't used this time wisely. Hopefully Joe does!
Nah.

I hear you...I actually thought that was a great move. Give Hyde and Breida a full year and see how they do.

And give Joe a full year to get counseling, fully acclimate to the NFL with proper diet, conditioning, learning the playbook, the nuances and all with no pressure.

He might be someone that explodes out of the gate. Reports are that Garnett is still fat and a blob so clearly, he hasn't used this time wisely. Hopefully Joe does!

Where is this Garnett report?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Fan report in his thread who recently saw him and he looked huge. He was way overweight before going on I.R. too so I'm not surprised.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Fan report in his thread who recently saw him and he looked huge. He was way overweight before going on I.R. too so I'm not surprised.

Fan report?.. He could be where its fine for him and the fan could think hes hella over weight either way lol.
Anyways.. Lets see what we hear in March.

Mostert (best gunner) and Magnuson to I.R.
Mostert (best gunner) and Magnuson to I.R.

McNichols time?
Current list...

2017 Injured Reserve:
DE Ronald Blair (returned Week 9)
DE Tank Carradine (returned Week 11)
WR B.J. Johnson - Waived
CB Will Redmond - Waived
WR Aaron Burbridge
G Joshua Garnett
LB Jimmie Gilbert
CB Prince Charles Iworah
DB Chanceller James
DT Chris Jones
DB Don Jones
LB Donavin Newsome
LB Malcolm Smith
RB Joe Williams
CB Asa Jackson
DL Arik Armstead
FS Jimmie Ward
ZWR Pierre Garçon
SS Jaquiski Tartt
T Gary Gilliam
TE Cole Hikutini
G John P. Flynn
G/C Erik Magnuson
RB Raheem Mostert
Unreal.
Originally posted by captveg:
Unreal.

Good times!

Our I.R. team would crush our actual starting unit right now if they played each other; even with the injuries. LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 27, 2017 at 6:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone