LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by acrownlessking:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Well I mean usually when teams go 2-14 they don't get "new fans" but us faithful will be here.

Loving the new banners at the stadium...

"Faithful then... Faithful now"

I cant stand that nickname. Being faithful to your team should be automatic, not a title of pride. Also, it implies you're a loser, and need to keep the faith.

The "Faithful" is a nickname that the York's started early on. Probably to try and keep the fans proud, despite the garbage team they fielded for so many years. We used to be the Empire.

Niner Empire! I remember those days

To add on your reasoning, that's exactly why i like it now so much more than ever. I remember the shaun hills, the cody picketts, the ken dorseys, the kwame harris's, the rashaun woods, i can go on and on about the "dark times". IT was hard being a niner fan, but i was still faithful in progress...in change. Years later harbaugh comes along and all of the sudden half the country are niner fans... that i don't like.

To me it's about being a true fan whether you are a Superbowl contender or drafting first overall... I think the"faithful then" part relates to the good times, the dynasty , the niners of the past...how easy it was to be faithful to a winning organization...we are not currently known as a winning organization, only our history speaks on that... "faithful now" is us being loyal and patient as we strive to get back to those times... #FaithfulThen...FaithfulNow

Either way, 3 days away from the first freaking pre season game mate.... the time has finally come
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Last yeah when people would say anything could happen I laughed. I knew there was no way that team under Trent & Chip would be any good. I thought it may have a few bright spots here and there but I knew it would going to be a tremendous losing season. I knew with Tomsula it was going to be a bad year.

This season I am not expecting much in terms of wins this year but I feel a hell of a lot better about the direction of this team since before all the Harbaugh to Cleveland trade rumors.

I will say one thing if this team does better than I expect and wins 7-8 games this year I will have mixed feelings, since I know we need better options at QB outside of Hoyer or Cousins to make this team a dynasty over next decade.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Super bowl or bust guise like every year!

If you're not first you're last!

Depends what you mean by that.

IMO, we are not going to the SB or even make the playoffs.

This is year 1 rebuild of a total F--K-UP that was years in the making.

So far, so good.

To me, it wasn't the number of losses we had last year BUT the way we lost.

We're on almost every TV highlight that makes the opposition look great.

We were humiliated in game after game. It was pathetic.

I'm thinking 4-12 to 6-10 in many close games.

I was told for the last three years if you're not a super bowl champ the year was a total failure.

IMO, you were told wrong.

Failed to win a championship - Sure that's a failure.

But improving the team is not a failure.

I guess it's how success is measured.
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!!

but not this
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Lol
Yes, anything can happen. It does not mean that it will happen. Enjoy letting it all unfold. I will be.
Don't know what it is but every year at this time I feel like we HAVE A SHOT!
  • thl408
I'm just here to see Charles Heston laugh.
lol new fans? Those fans jumped onto the las vegas raiders bandwagon last year and I don't blame them.
Playoffs for sure.

Originally posted by acrownlessking:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Well I mean usually when teams go 2-14 they don't get "new fans" but us faithful will be here.

Loving the new banners at the stadium...

"Faithful then... Faithful now"

Too bad most of the guys posting don't fall in that category
I was a young fan thru the Brodie years of getting knocked off in the playoffs by the Cowboys.
Then suckage.
Then the 1981 season was unreal, in case you missed it.
2-14
6-10
13-3 and thank you.
We're not there yet.
6-10 would be something to root for.
Joe's proxy isn't on the roster, so that's concerning.
Who knows.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Is that Samurai Mike? lol
Does Vegas have the odds on a 49ers vs the Jets Superbowl 52 this year?? Good Luck Jets!!!
Share 49ersWebzone