LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Brick by Brick : All Access with the San Francisco 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
Can they get a better director. That preview was lame.

jed prolly "hired" some student from a crappy film school.
  • thl408
Doesn't brick mean when you take a shot at something and you miss? Perhaps a title change should be considered.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

jed prolly "hired" some student from a crappy film school.

Jed's probably like get me from this angle. This is my good side.

Yep. TBF the lameness of it is one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to call this anything more than a crappy infomercial. If in a 30 second spot (that's supposed to generate intrigue or interest) you're all soft lighting, empty phrases and mood music, there's not much hope for what's to follow.
yay!
It's an interesting idea. I look forward to seeing it.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
u know what else was built brick by brick? Auschwitz.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm a bit mixed on this. It's great for fans and Lynch is leading a monumental effort in changing the image of this team, especially, nationally, so this is certainly calculated for free agency later, fan attendance, helping to create a home field advantage, etc. but I don't want my GM/POFO to be too visible.
After seeing Harbaalke treat the 49ers like an off-the-books CIA project, I want transparency. Between the HC, GM and QB, press conferences seemed like an Antisocial Association convention.

Lynch is a TV guy, so this is a match made in heaven. This team is going to suck for the next couple of years so while we wait for the product on the field to gel, we might as well have fun watching the team.

That's the best part of being a fan of a s**tty team. You can have fun again and just enjoy watching football. Every game won't be a stress-fest and every loss won't bring us to the brink of depression. Enjoy the ride fellas. It's going to be sweet when we reach the top.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Aug 10th 49ers.com and 49ers youtube channel

Thanks. A must-watch
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm a bit mixed on this. It's great for fans and Lynch is leading a monumental effort in changing the image of this team, especially, nationally, so this is certainly calculated for free agency later, fan attendance, helping to create a home field advantage, etc. but I don't want my GM/POFO to be too visible.
After seeing Harbaalke treat the 49ers like an off-the-books CIA project, I want transparency. Between the HC, GM and QB, press conferences seemed like an Antisocial Association convention.

Lynch is a TV guy, so this is a match made in heaven. This team is going to suck for the next couple of years so while we wait for the product on the field to gel, we might as well have fun watching the team.

That's the best part of being a fan of a s**tty team. You can have fun again and just enjoy watching football. Every game won't be a stress-fest and every loss won't bring us to the brink of depression. Enjoy the ride fellas. It's going to be sweet when we reach the top.

Great stance and I certainly agree with the 180.

Trump is angry the 49ers took his idea for building the wall.
They need to bring in Lavar Ball to talk to the team.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u know what else was built brick by brick? Auschwitz.

And we are still talking about it today
Originally posted by thl408:
Doesn't brick mean when you take a shot at something and you miss? Perhaps a title change should be considered.

In football it means you hit like a ton of bricks.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by thl408:

In football it means you hit like a ton of bricks.

It's not a football reference.

The idiom "brick by brick" means to steadily build up a structure slowly and methodically.

In this context it is to mean "Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch are just starting to build up the team, and we're going to document the process of how they do that."

It's a nice rhetorical trick of a name as the implication is that they know the team is going to suck (i.e. they're just starting to build it up), but you should be excited because the result of this slow process will be something big (which of course may or may not be true).

TL;DR "Brick by Brick" is a good name for an infomercial about how awesome KS and JL are, even though the product they create this year is going to suck.
Share 49ersWebzone