There are 183 users in the forums

How many years till Foster is the best Linebacker in football?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many years till Foster is the best Linebacker in football?

Originally posted by cciowa:
seattle did the same type of poll when they drafted Brian Bosworth by the way

As did Raider fans with Rolando McClain. I vividly remember their discussions of whether McClain was better than Patrick Willis before he took a single snap.

His best ability is availability.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
As did Raider fans with Rolando McClain. I vividly remember their discussions of whether McClain was better than Patrick Willis before he took a single snap.

do you remember when people went bat s**t as the niners cut spikes to keep bowman. good lord
Rookie year ballin like a f'n vet
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
you can go back in time and take fosters name out and put in nate davis and korey sheets.. good lord with this stuff. can we see if he can make it through a pre season game let alone when the bullets start to fly for real
i didn't know nate Davis and kory sheets first rounders?

does not matter. people get way to high with a positive report out of the first week of camp about a player and they lose their mind. i do not care if he is a first round pick or joe joe the monkey boy from tinker toy teach as a walk on. lets see what they got in real time

To be fair, Joe Joe the monkey boy was content to latch on to Steve Young's back and hang on tight so to compare him to a player (Foster) who actually wants to compete is unfair
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sourball:
To be fair, Joe Joe the monkey boy was content to latch on to Steve Young's back and hang on tight so to compare him to a player (Foster) who actually wants to compete is unfair

the niners traded the wrong quarterback back then in my opinion. young to the chiefs for derick thomas. we fix the defense. joe would not have pissed the cowboys games down his legs like young did and young finally won when we had to buy him a defense

the niners traded the wrong quarterback back then in my opinion. young to the chiefs for derick thomas. we fix the defense. joe would not have pissed the cowboys games down his legs like young did and young finally won when we had to buy him a defense

Can't say I disagree with you here.

As for Foster how about he play a damn SNAP in a real NFL game before we anoint him king

I heard Skip Bayless years ago who said that the Cowboys were relieved that they didn't have to face Montana. The confidence of not facing Joe and his "mystique" was what put them over the top. Belief in the Cowboy organization was that Steve Young was beatable whereas Montana was not
What could have been
I'm being very cautious after what's ensued over the past few years. I'm just going to come in with a clean slate on everything and assume that Foster/Thomas are just regular rookie players, that Shanahan is a typical first year head coach and that Lynch is your usual "I'm excited to get this thing going" NFL general manager. And if they dominate the first game? I'll keep that mindset. All we've learned over the past few years is that off-season hype means nothing until we've seen a large regular season sample size.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The big mistake here was that we traded Charles Haley to them....

don't also ever forget that they had the better coach the years they put a whoopin on us!!!

I'll never forget how Eddie wanted Jimmy Johnson when Walsh retired...

• 9moon
  • Veteran
as for Foster, i say about the 9th game, and if healthy, he'll be as good as Kuechly..
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Please post your responses below with your reasoning.

Give him the opportunity to just be a good player first.
barring injury...year 2.

Same path as Bowman. Bowman had willis and Foster has Bowman.

Foster has better instincts and same athletic ability as Bowman coming out of college
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Year 1 - Rookie of the Year
Year 2 - All Pro
Year 3 - NFL MVP
Share 49ersWebzone