LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:

thats fine. keep what we have. add lazard from iowa state in the fifth round and maybe grab some vet in the summer time if a decent one is out there

I like DJ Chark from LSU. Kid can fly!!

nice to see the kid putting in the work that the coaches want him to & then some
Originally posted by tohara3:

nice to see the kid putting in the work that the coaches want him to & then some

Been a fan since pre season... Reason why I became okay with not taking a WR in the draft early ish. Taylor and Bourne need to see targets, we know Goodwin/Garcon/RBs will be getting theres.

He's been getting a lot of love and seems like he's feeding off if it too.

Gotta love it.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 24, 2018 at 12:28 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
thats fine. keep what we have. add lazard from iowa state in the fifth round and maybe grab some vet in the summer time if a decent one is out there

Good to see. Thank you for posting.
Might already have a future Garçon replacement on the roster...

....the name is Bourne ... Kendrick Bourne.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

KB reminds me so much of a young Stevie Johnson in Buffalo. They even share similar mannerisms on the field. They have a unique forward-leaning wiggle thing that they do with the ball in their hands.

Eric Crocker, who is close friends with Stevie, loves that comp. I tweeted it to him last year, and he's been running with it lol.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 2, 2018 at 8:41 AM ]
I am rooting like heck for this kid to succeed. He had a catch against the Jags that still knocks me out every time I see it. Garoppollo threw a pass between two Jag defenders that Bourne had just cut through. The Jags were like two feet apart but Garoppollo was able to thread the needle and Bourne kept his focus on the ball and came out the other side with the catch. If he had been able to stay on his feet he might still be running. Glad to hear good reports of him coming out of the OTA's. It seems like there is an awful lot of potential in this receiving corps at all positions. Really looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. Go Niners!!
Bourne flashed some nice things last year. I love his ability as a hands catcher, he snags the ball out of the air and it looks natural for him. I think he takes a nice step forward and becomes a solid contributor this season. Wouldn't be the first undrafted receiver to blossom under a Shanahan.....

Originally posted by Heroism:

KB reminds me so much of a young Stevie Johnson in Buffalo. They even share similar mannerisms on the field. They have a unique forward-leaning wiggle thing that they do with the ball in their hands.

Eric Crocker, who is close friends with Stevie, loves that comp. I tweeted it to him last year, and he's been running with it lol.

Great comp...can totally see that.

The big difference is SJ was a bit of an adlib player, wasn't he? And Bourne will have to be locked in on precision in this system...Kyle wouldn't have it any other way.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Good call!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I was thinking along the same lines.
He keeps improving. He looks like he bulked up to. He's going from fighting for a roster spot to potentially being our 3rd or 4th Wr on a pretty solid WR group all of a sudden
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Good call!

The hype train is off and running.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Great comp...can totally see that.

The big difference is SJ was a bit of an adlib player, wasn't he? And Bourne will have to be locked in on precision in this system...Kyle wouldn't have it any other way.

Hell yeah. NC as far as Stevie goes I remember hearing he ran a decent amount of option routes... But yeah hero good comparison. They both got dat shake and wiggle to them though they don't have great speed..

I'm a lil sad to bring up Stevie.. I was so happy when we got him,but ofcourse harbaugh and his garbage offense didn't know how to use him.

I liked kendrick ever since I saw him in pre season. I knew he had the type of stuff to possibly be in this type of position.
Share 49ersWebzone