LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Always read this title like

Kendrick Bourne wr... EWWW
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
If you take Jimmy's starts from last year, and extrapolate to a 16 game season, here's what the receiving numbers would look like:

Goodwin 1228.8
Kittle 716.8
Juice 624
Taylor 611.2
Celek 601.6
Bourne 492.8
Murphy 188.8
Hyde 179.2
Robinson 172.8
Breida 140.8

So Bourne would have had almost 500 yards, but you gotta factor in Garcon, McKinnon, and likely a rookie.

Garcon and Goodwin will not be starting all 16 games, injuries happen
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by jb49ers80:
If you take Jimmy's starts from last year, and extrapolate to a 16 game season, here's what the receiving numbers would look like:

Goodwin 1228.8
Kittle 716.8
Juice 624
Taylor 611.2
Celek 601.6
Bourne 492.8
Murphy 188.8
Hyde 179.2
Robinson 172.8
Breida 140.8

So Bourne would have had almost 500 yards, but you gotta factor in Garcon, McKinnon, and likely a rookie.

Neither will Kittle . Reminds me of reed. Beast receiver but gets hurt too much .

I think poster made that for fun, to put things a little in perspective

Neither will Garoppolo (based on our current offensive line and our front office's lack of a desire to fix it). It's silly to try to extrapolate things over a 16 game season. With the amount of brutal hits Shanahan subjects JG to, he may never last a full season.
I know that we don't have a sure fire number one WR. And some of you peeps, like my homie Sus, wanted us to sign a number one. Although, some times not signing a "big name" guy is a blessing in disguise because guys like Bourne get their opportunity.

Crocktime did an awesome job with breakdowns of Bourne. I would love to see him get a real opportunity, but he'll be a 4th WR at best coming into camp (dependent on if they draft a kid). Although, we all know injuries happen and this kid hopefully gets the chance he deserves. He has that wiggle, deceptively fast, good hands, and confidence.

We don't need no stinking FA WRs.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I know that we don't have a sure fire number one WR. And some of you peeps, like my homie Sus, wanted us to sign a number one. Although, some times not signing a "big name" guy is a blessing in disguise because guys like Bourne get their opportunity.

Crocktime did an awesome job with breakdowns of Bourne. I would love to see him get a real opportunity, but he'll be a 4th WR at best coming into camp (dependent on if they draft a kid). Although, we all know injuries happen and this kid hopefully gets the chance he deserves. He has that wiggle, deceptively fast, good hands, and confidence.

We don't need no stinking FA WRs.

If you have an elite QB, you don't need to shell out big money for WRs. We can win SBs with a good D and OL
Two questions from Matt Maiocco's mailbag column the other day. Nice to hear that Bourne is making an impression on Shanahan but, like every other player on the team, he is going to have to compete for reps and snaps. I like how Kyle and Lynch are keeping the pressure on, in a good way, for all of the players to compete. It means they have a chance of fielding a roster that will not give up and know how to deliver on third and eight from their own 20 in the fourth quarter, down by 3.

Question #1: So all this talk about getting a WR but I believe Kendrick Bourne will have a break out season...what's the feel wit the organization on this?

Question #2: With the 3rd pick, would the 49ers consider getting a tall Red Zone threat like Equanimeous St. Brown?

ANSW: Shanahan loves Bourne, sees great potential in him. But he's not someone who would prevent the team from adding another young receiver in the middle rounds of the draft. …
Good article

https://www.fourthandnine.co/single-post/2018/03/24/Film-Room-Why-Kendrick-Bourne-is-not-to-be-overlooked-as-49ers-seek-WR-help
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Good article

https://www.fourthandnine.co/single-post/2018/03/24/Film-Room-Why-Kendrick-Bourne-is-not-to-be-overlooked-as-49ers-seek-WR-help

Nice! We are going to need his help next year. Might be the go to guy for Jimmy on 3rd down conversions
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 24, 2018 at 2:59 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Good article

Nice! We are going to need his help next year. Might be the go to guy for Jimmy on 3rd down conversions

Reminds me of Josh Morgan when he was coming on prior to injury

Originally posted by JFG49ers:
Neither will Garoppolo (based on our current offensive line and our front office's lack of a desire to fix it). It's silly to try to extrapolate things over a 16 game season. With the amount of brutal hits Shanahan subjects JG to, he may never last a full season.

Yeah, God Damn front office. Signed Weston Richburg who PFF had rated as one of the league's top 5 centers a couple of years ago. Signed Jonathon Cooper a former top 10 pick who is coming off a pretty good year in Dallas to a one year show me deal. Traded Daniel Kilgore who many regarded as a weak link on the line. Have put Josh Garnett and Trent brown on notice about improving, picked up Eric Magnuson as an UDFA who ended up showing a lot of toughness and versatility and still have this year's draft. What a bunch of do nothing Dora's. You'd think they weren't even trying.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Good article

Reminds me of Josh Morgan when he was coming on prior to injury

He looks quicker than Josh Morgan, but yeah, the role maybe the same.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Yeah, God Damn front office. Signed Weston Richburg who PFF had rated as one of the league's top 5 centers a couple of years ago. Signed Jonathon Cooper a former top 10 pick who is coming off a pretty good year in Dallas to a one year show me deal. Traded Daniel Kilgore who many regarded as a weak link on the line. Have put Josh Garnett and Trent brown on notice about improving, picked up Eric Magnuson as an UDFA who ended up showing a lot of toughness and versatility and still have this year's draft. What a bunch of do nothing Dora's. You'd think they weren't even trying.

And let's not forget Sherman is done and McKinnon is only a third down back....lol. Our team is looking like a top 5-10 offense and a top 10-15 defense. Good enough to compete for a sb

PBM?

PBM?

If it's PBM to be concerned about the health of our franchise QB behind our swiss cheese line. Garoppolo isn't built to take a lot of hits and has already suffered one serious injury during his short career. I don't get why so many of you are happy with protecting him with 1st round busts. With our current line, JG is bound to get hit A LOT.
Share 49ersWebzone