There are 270 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Bryant is under contract for the 2018 season for 705,000. Pretty cheap for what he brings to the table, the Steelers have their 1-2 punch with Brown-Smith Schuster, and their #3 is between Rogers and Heyward-Bey. Bryant has been wanting the opportunity to be the man, and he could have a good chance to do that with us. He's the big physical WR we need, and he can stretch the field as well. Doubt we get him though :(

Wanted him in the draft
Could this guy become the next great undrafted NFL WR? I like him and some of his game reminds me of Rod Smith who turned out to be a great NFL WR after going undrafted. Bourne has great hands, good gameday speed, and confidence to be really good.
I like Bourne a lot. He caught just about everything he could get his hands on last year and usually came up big on third downs when given the chance. With the return of Garcon and the emergence of Goodwin, Taylor and Kittle, I think the 49ers are in pretty good position with their receivers going into next year. They might not have a number one stud, like Green or Brown, but they have a lot of guys that can get the job done. I think the ability that Garoppollo showed in spreading the ball around to a number of guys each game will be a real asset as far as keeping everyone involved and will save him the trouble of having to deal with the ego of some of these number one guys who think that they are the only ones who deserve the attention.
this team hit a grand slam when it came to rookie free agents last year.
KB was always the "other" receiver at Eastern Washington. That's no slight to him. Cooper Kupp put up all world numbers and set all time D-1 receiving records in many categories. Bourne was always a solid performer though, and I think we got a taste with his sequence of great plays in preseason with Beathard.

He seemed a bit raw during the regular season, I could be wrong but it seemed he would slip on some of his breaks running routes and that there were miscommunications between he and Garoppolo at times. Having said that, I think he has big time potential. Eastern Washington runs on the quarter system and as a result, Bourne came into the off-season late. I'm sure it hampered his growth especially early on.

KB showed some major flashes late in the year, working well in the middle of the field, the long catch and run he had against the Titans sticks out in my mind. Also, as an offense we went 8 of 11 on touchdowns in the red zone over the last two games of the year. Could've easily been 9 for 11, the Jags made a great play to hit Garoppolo just as he was releasing the ball. He looked to hit a wide open Bourne in the corner of the end zone.

He has all the tools, I think a full offseason of working into the playbook, building rapport with Jimmy G. and getting into the weight room will do wonders. Some people will disagree, but I don't think our WR core needs major upgrades, Sure having a stud #1 like Julio Jones is nice but it isn't necessary. Montana won his first two rings with Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon as starters. Brady has won super bowls with the likes of Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Julian Edelman and Chris Hogan, none of them were highly touted prospects. I think our core of Garcon/Goodwin/Taylor/Bourne and maybe another add on or two through FA/Draft for competition will be just fine. This is an exciting time!
[ Edited by Bigfishrider on Feb 10, 2018 at 11:22 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Bryant is under contract for the 2018 season for 705,000. Pretty cheap for what he brings to the table, the Steelers have their 1-2 punch with Brown-Smith Schuster, and their #3 is between Rogers and Heyward-Bey. Bryant has been wanting the opportunity to be the man, and he could have a good chance to do that with us. He's the big physical WR we need, and he can stretch the field as well. Doubt we get him though :(

Wanted him in the draft

Me too!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this team hit a grand slam when it came to rookie free agents last year.

Agree

This was out best draft in a VERY long time.
Don't think he has the skill set to be a #1 WR, but he can definitely be a #2 if he keeps improving and be more consistent. The more I watch him, the more I think he can really help the team in 2018.
This dude along with Taylor,Goodwins big emergence are the reason why I can kinda care less about touching a WR before the 3rd round.

He's gonna be a solid WR for us. Sign Taylor Gabriel for some explosive underneath speed and Lego.
Anyone follow him on IG? Dude is wild lol. He's definitely enjoying his life as a young, professional football player.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Anyone follow him on IG? Dude is wild lol. He's definitely enjoying his life as a young, professional football player.

He's half Samoan half black right? That's definitely a hyphy mix lol.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Yup. dude is hyphy as f**k.

[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 10, 2018 at 2:13 PM ]

I'm pulling hard for this dude and I noticed he goes hard on the field as well. Im all for competition but my gut is saying don't draft anyone that will take away snaps from him... He's in a perfect spot to fight for snaps and rotate in as a #4 and first outside backup WR.

I'm pulling hard for this dude and I noticed he goes hard on the field as well. Im all for competition but my gut is saying don't draft anyone that will take away snaps from him... He's in a perfect spot to fight for snaps and rotate in as a #4 and first outside backup WR.

Agreed. Seemed like Garoppolo was getting into a groove with this kid over the last couple weeks of the season
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agreed. Seemed like Garoppolo was getting into a groove with this kid over the last couple weeks of the season

Yup. Looked explosive too. Good routes and yac.
Share 49ersWebzone