LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Kendrick Bourne-WR-Now a NE Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
No thread for this kid, so I figured I'd put one up. He's one of my UDFA guys that I hope will make the team.

He's got some size (6-1 205) and has long arms and strong hands. His last season he had 1,200 yards and 7 TDs. He's got quick feet ( 6.73 in 3 cone which was 4th overall at combine). He's not a burner but I feel like we got enough of those guys.

Reportedly is having a good camp as well. Him and Boldin Jr will be the guys I'm watching in preseason.

Yeah hearing good reports about him as well.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yup I think him, smelter, and boldin are all fighting for that last spot... personally I'd rather have boldin to Arob but that's just homer UDFA upside stuff lol. Bourne has the size and hands you want, plus I think he's a better route runner than smelter
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 4, 2017 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yup I think him, smelter, and boldin are all fighting for that last spot... personally I'd rather have boldin to Arob but that's just homer UDFA upside stuff lol. Bourne has the size and hands you want, plus I think he's a better route runner than smelter

I should have thrown him in on another discussion about Smelter vs. Bolden for that 6th...if we keep a 6th. The thing you keep hearing about Bourne is "smooth" in his route running.

Now, who shines in games?

I should have thrown him in on another discussion about Smelter vs. Bolden for that 6th...if we keep a 6th. The thing you keep hearing about Bourne is "smooth" in his route running.

Yup that final roster spot is gonna be fun to watch in preseason games.

Yup that final roster spot is gonna be fun to watch in preseason games.

Right? I could see them going with 5 as much as I could see them in a 3-way competition for the 6th...and an active 6th.
Right? I could see them going with 5 as much as I could see them in a 3-way competition for the 6th...and an active 6th.

Yeah 5 could be the number and they keep 4 TEs
Originally posted by Joecool:

HA

Originally posted by highwayone:

Lol nice

Yeah. I go back and forth weekly on this one but my 4 TE's would be: Kyle Juszczyk, George Kittle, Vance McDonald & Cole Hikutini.

When you factor in how many 2 TE sets Kyle likes to run and how much we'll lean on the run, 3 TE's who can block and catch may make more sense than a 6th WR.

If we keep a 6th, that may be an indication Kyle is expecting to pass a little more.
Yeah. I go back and forth weekly on this one but my 4 TE's would be: Kyle Juszczyk, George Kittle, Vance McDonald & Cole Hikutini.

When you factor in how many 2 TE sets Kyle likes to run and how much we'll lean on the run, 3 TE's who can block and catch may make more sense than a 6th WR.

If we keep a 6th, that may be an indication Kyle is expecting to pass a little more.

Yup this is true I think we have a couple good PS guys that could easy get moved up if an injury happens.

Isn't Juice a little like a TE? At least part of what he does will be very similar. I think that gives then flexibility to carry one less if the WR (or another position) choice is just too difficult.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Isn't Juice a little like a TE? At least part of what he does will be very similar. I think that gives then flexibility to carry one less if the WR (or another position) choice is just too difficult.

Yeah like NC said above they could go with Vance, kittle, juice, and dirty tini as the 4 TEs

I don't know if I see cole making the team personally
Share 49ersWebzone