LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

49ers sign WR Louis Murphy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This reminds me of a woman i once knew. When she went to town to buy groceries, she came back with a new purse and forgot about the groceries.

So i hope this wasn't that kind of deal. Now if they would have brot in a brand new spanking healthy S, either free or strong, that would have made sense. Another WR with 10 in camp, unless the guy was 6'5" and had sticky hands, plus he could get open, anytime, anywhere...anything short of that, i don't get it. OTOH, no big deal. Maybe they just want a quick look see to see if he is the next #80. If not, in ...and out.

And no, i no longer am married to her. That was 2 lifetimes ago.
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
hopefully d smelter can step up .dorial green beckham would be a nice addition.if lynch can take a chance on joe Williams why not dorial ?

Because he's not very good poor hands and poor route running...I was a big fan in college, he needed to stay in school and develop too bad
This signing is a head scratcher to me unless they release another WR soon and maybe sign a S.

Other than Garcon, Goodwin, and Taylor we haven't really heard too much about the other WRs other then a nice catch here and there. I'm thinking none of them have shown anything worth keeping so now we are bringing in other WRs.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i liked him when he first joined the raiders. didn't even know he was still in the league.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i liked him when he first joined the raiders. didn't even know he was still in the league.

Freaking Baalke living off the scrap heaps!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Freaking Baalke living off the scrap heaps!

some things will never change while we have a glaring need at safety. jr is running around stockpiling crap wide outs. great
Does he have speed?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Camp fodder.

Ditto
Camp body
Originally posted by KyleShanahan:
I'm glad we are signing a big bodied WR. Kerley, Goodwin, Taylor, and Aldrick Robinson are all shorter than 6ft. Leaving Garcon the tallest on the team.
DeAndre Smelter is 6'2".

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
This reminds me of a woman i once knew. When she went to town to buy groceries, she came back with a new purse and forgot about the groceries.

So i hope this wasn't that kind of deal. Now if they would have brot in a brand new spanking healthy S, either free or strong, that would have made sense. Another WR with 10 in camp, unless the guy was 6'5" and had sticky hands, plus he could get open, anytime, anywhere...anything short of that, i don't get it. OTOH, no big deal. Maybe they just want a quick look see to see if he is the next #80. If not, in ...and out.

And no, i no longer am married to her. That was 2 lifetimes ago.

Lol, your something else Paso
Maybe the WR's are getting too tired and we need more camp legs.
Wasn't he arrested for something serious recently?
  • titan
  • Veteran
This goes to show they like our young S and let them battle it out.
Murphy can play...he's fully healthy now after 2015 ACL. He brings both size (6-2, 200) and experience that Shanahan wants. He can get deep. Hey, it's a 1-yr prove it contract...it makes sense.
Share 49ersWebzone