LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Who would you want as your 49ers qb for 2018?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you want as your 49ers qb for 2018?

• eman
  • Veteran
Assuming we end up with top 7 pick next year, and our QB falters, where do we head?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Edited your poll to preferred QB prospect as opposed to Darnold, because some may prefer to move up and get a different prospect (ie Allen or Rosen).
If we're in the top 7 pick. That's too much to mortgage for the #1 or #2 pick since there will be a few good QBs available. But all in all, I'd pick a sure thing in Cousins
If Cousins plays like last year then he's my guy.
can't decide right now. will answer when the time comes
Yeah, Cousins, hands down. Not just a top 10 QB but one that excels in Kyle's WCO system and that only elevates with their chemistry...that playbook will be WIDE OPEN...when was the last time we saw that.

That chemistry will be similar to Brees and Payton, Brady and Bellicheat/McDaniels, etc.

That said, if that plan falls through, whatever Kyle wants...keep developing Beathard and if he identifies a great fit QB who has all the traits he wants in the draft, he'll get him at all costs.
Unless we own the #1 overall pick you go Cousins if he plays at a high level like he did last season.

We have tons of cap space and really nobody due for a big deal (thanks Baalke) so heavily front load the first 2 years of his contract so in a couple of years when guys are ready for their big deals (hopefully) and the roster has been built up to be a legit playoff team (again hopefully) you'll have gotten a lot of his money out of the way and you have the cap room when you need it.
  • thl408
Two words: Beat Hard
Colin Kaepernick.
I want Beathard. If the young man can show he can handle the job, then it would means we have a diamond in the rough, Shanny knows how to pick QBs, and we can home grown our own without paying a boat load for transplants.

Oh look 👀 the Cousin or bust crowd has gathered as
I typed.

sam darnold but i know it ain't gonna happen since we won't pick high enough to get him.
Sign Cousins and continue developing CJ.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I want Beathard. If the young man can show he can handle the job, then it would means we have a diamond in the rough, Shanny knows how to pick QBs, and we can home grown our own without paying a boat load for transplants.

Oh look 👀 the Cousin or bust crowd has gathered as
I typed.

I'm all for this if Kyle can turn beathard to a cousins 2.0
Kirk Cousins or bust!!
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Unless we own the #1 overall pick you go Cousins if he plays at a high level like he did last season.

We have tons of cap space and really nobody due for a big deal (thanks Baalke) so heavily front load the first 2 years of his contract so in a couple of years when guys are ready for their big deals (hopefully) and the roster has been built up to be a legit playoff team (again hopefully) you'll have gotten a lot of his money out of the way and you have the cap room when you need it.

This... absolutely!
Share 49ersWebzone