LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

What if Hoyer leads us to a Super Bowl win? Do we still want Cousins or do we qb in draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What do we do if by some miracle Brian Hoyer leads us to a Super Bowl victory this year with numbers like 3700 yds 25-30 tds and only 10 int with a 65% comp percentage? Do we still want to go after Cousins next year in free agency or do we draft the best QB available to learn under Hoyer for a couple years?
Lmao!!!!!
That would be a great problem to have. Even if Hoyer has a perfect season and by a miracle we made the playoffs, sorry to say but he'd end up choking in the playoffs. Not good at all under pressure.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Was a whole thread on this.

No we don't get Cousins, but no, it's not going to happen.
Cousins or bust!
Originally posted by Jasta:

What if Brian Hoyer and the niners beat Cousins and the skins in the NFC championship but cousins threw for 400 yards and outplayed Hoyer?
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by Jasta:

What if Brian Hoyer and the niners beat Cousins and the skins in the NFC championship but cousins threw for 400 yards and outplayed Hoyer?

Then it proves that our defense and running game was awesome enough that it didn't matter which journeyman game manager 2nd tier signal caller we plugged into play.
If Hoyer throws for 17,000 yards this year, do y'all still want Cousins ?

If hoyer goes Kurt Warner there is no longer a need to look at Cousin. You now would ride Hoyer and continue to develop Beathard. There's about zero chance of this happening but it would be really f**king cool.....can the SB win be against NE too?
If jerry rice could go back in time to 1987 then go forward in time to play with us next season would we still try to sign fred biletnikoff from the 1971 season then trade him for art monk from the 1984 season and the second round pick from 2015 which turned out to be Carlos Hyde?

Or would we just draft len fournette from this season in an alternate universe.

Huh. Hmm.
I would trade Hoyer to KC for Mahomes because KC loves aging 49er QB's and then sign Cousins since we have no shot at top QB in the draft or trade boatload of picks to move up and draft one of the top QBs.
Of course I will be watching this play out while sitting on the couch with Kate Upton (now Kate Sourball) in my mansion overlooking the beach (since I just won the lottery) while Tom Cruise is scooping my persian cat's litter box and Vin Diesel puts the finishing coat of wax on my limo before driving me to 7-11 for another big $$$ chance with the scratchers and a Super Big Gulp.
If one dream scenario is happening, I hope it's the 2nd.
  • thl408
Still sign Cousins then trade him back to WAS for draft picks, Vernon Davis, and Jim Tomsula. Then keep Hoyer to win more Super Bowls while Tomsula turns Solly and DeFo into HoFers.
Lmao!!
Share 49ersWebzone