Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Talent?

Buckner
Thomas
Foster
Robinson
Ward

My list as well. It would be ideal if all those guys realized their potential and became the new core of the team moving forward. You'd have a core player at every level of the defense.

A lot of you guys are high on Ward, interesting. Maybe I need to get with the program
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Buckner
Bowman
Thomas
Foster
Dumervil
  1. Bowman
  2. Robinson
  3. Buckner
  4. Thomas
  5. Brooks
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Talent?

Buckner
Thomas
Foster
Robinson
Ward

My list as well. It would be ideal if all those guys realized their potential and became the new core of the team moving forward. You'd have a core player at every level of the defense.

A lot of you guys are high on Ward, interesting. Maybe I need to get with the program

Yeah, in this defense, both Ward and Elvis play prime positions but Ward will play every snap if he remains healthy which gives him a golden opportunity to have a big year especially at a more natural position. But we'll have to see if that becomes reality right away.
Buckner DL
Bowman LB
Robinson DB
Smith LB
Goodwin WR (tackling DBs after all of Hoyers deep ball INT's)
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
1) Bowman
2) Ward
3) Thomas
4) Buckner
5) Foster
Amazing...not one person picked Arik. So besides him as part of our BIG 3, add:

Buck
Solomon
Reuben
and then a toss up between Bow/ Dooms/ DJ
1. Buckner
2. Thomas
3. Foster
4. Bowman
5. Ward
9. Brooks
10. Reid
[ Edited by Vito_Corleone on Jul 17, 2017 at 3:48 AM ]
I sure hope the enthusiasm for Ward comes true. If that should happen, then with one standout in the DBackfield, we could have one fine D. Now if we got lucky and had another , no matter who it was, that to me would mean a D that is top 5. Asking for two stalwarts who stand out in the DBackfield is a pretty big ASK, however. I hope, but that's about it.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I predict there will be eight top five players.

Saleh does like to rotate

Truth

The Cowboys vastly improved because they focused on and built the best OL in the league.

We have, IMO, the foundation of doing the same w/our front 7. They will all make each other better.

The opposition can't double team everyone.

So, whoever isn't double teamed will have an excellent chance to make the play.

Add to that our rotation will keep guys fresher and healthier and the "Attacking" defense will open up opportunities.

Also, our front , The Magnificent 7, will automatically make the secondary better.

That's why I feel Robinson and Ward will excel.

1). Buckner - He's going to almost unstoppable with all the talent in the front 7.
2). Solomon - His speed and hand strength will give OG's fits
3). Robinson - Talented guy who'll make lots of plays
4). Foster - Potential Defensive Rookie of the Year
5). Ward - His natural position will help him shine
I like it, "the magnificent 7" .

One can only hope...but with good cause here.
Buckner
Foster
Staley
S.Thomas
Kittle
Buckner
Foster
Robinson
Armstead
Thomas

With Thomas steadily moving up the ranks as he gets used to the NFL just like Defo did this year. Bowman will top this list if 100% healthy which unfortunately is a big if luckily I see Foster as a natural wrecking ball from day 1.

Love Armsteads potential and another sleeper for me could be Ronald Blair in a rotational role might struggle to make top 5 due to snap count but think he will prove himself to be indispensable
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I like it, "the magnificent 7" .

One can only hope...but with good cause here.

You know a few of them die in that movie.
Share 49ersWebzone