LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

The Iron-Pyrite-Lining Thread (Negative people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm going to violate the spirit of this thread & say I'm super happy to be wrong about Lynch & what I thought was the plan to bring in Cousins.

Maybe now all the Niner fans who defended Cousins like they were left tackles can be realistic about his mediocrity.

For the record, I have no idea what to expect from Jimmy G, but he's given me more hope than any Niner QB since Steve Young.

That said, Lynch still f***ed up the draft. NinerSickness > Lynch for the 2017 draft.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Oct 31, 2017 at 10:59 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I'm going to violate the spirit of this thread & say I'm super happy to be wrong about Lynch & what I thought was the plan to bring in Cousins.

Maybe now all the Niner fans who defended Cousins like they were left tackles can be realistic about his mediocrity.

For the record, I have no idea what to expect from Jimmy G, but he's given me more hope than any Niner QB since Steve Young.

That said, Lynch still f***ed up the draft. NinerSickness > Lynch for the 2017 draft.

How do you know that your draft was better?
Originally posted by Quest4six:

How do you know that your draft was better?

We'll know for sure by 2019. So far:

Thomas VS Trubisky: Jury still out
Foster VS Cam Robinson: advantage Cam
Witherspoon VS Elfein: advantage Elfein
Beathard VS Carl Lawson: Duh
We'll know for sure by 2019. So far:

Thomas VS Trubisky: Jury still out
Foster VS Cam Robinson: advantage Cam
Witherspoon VS Elfein: advantage Elfein
Beathard VS Carl Lawson: Duh

I'd take Thomas over what I've seen from Trubs anyday
Kind of hard to compare Foster to anyone else. We haven't seen what Foster is capable of he's played 2 games lol.

Not sure how to compare a center and CB.

This is why it's so hard to say you'd have a better draft. If we are being completely honest with ourselves. We know that Lawson would not be what he is right now if he was here. That is a fact.
Lawson plays next to Geno Atkins (5 time pro-bowler) AND Carlos Dunlap (2 pro bowls).

Put Thomas on that team and he would look like DPOY.

I'm not sure you would have won this draft. Trubs would be horrendous here. Cam wouldn't play. Elfien would have a lot more on his plate if he was our center, his weaknesses would quickly show. And Lawson would probably be a decent player.
Wouldn't be what we expect though with our current pass rush.
  • evil
  • Veteran
I think this thread is in need of being revived as according to many posts on here the sky is falling.
Share 49ersWebzone