LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 320 users in the forums

The Iron-Pyrite-Lining Thread (Negative people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pssst, Lynch trying to be like Baalke and coach up the DB's during practice.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sounds like ol' Mitch is rocking with the 3rd string and dirty Sanchez is clearly the backup so far in TC

Nope.

Anyone who understands QB play can see from the way he moves & reacts on the field that he's going to be a great quarterback. He might even take Glennon's job sooner than I thought based on how cool & comfortable he looked in that offense. That said, I say don't let him start until year 2.

When I wrote that he was so calm down. Good for Mitch playing well vs backups in his first preseaon game. I never hated the kid, just don't think he was the best player to pick at two.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
When I wrote that he was so calm down. Good for Mitch playing well vs backups in his first preseaon game. I never hated the kid, just don't think he was the best player to pick at two.

He was the the 3rd string QB last night. Butt fumble was number 2.
Originally posted by Andra:

He was the the 3rd string QB last night. Butt fumble was number 2.

Yup people get crazy on preseason games jeez lol...man remember nate "the great" davis lol? Or how about ponder leading the 3rd string last yr to two comeback victories lol.

What happens if CJ puts up similar numbers tonight? We gonna get all wild over him lol
What happens if CJ puts up similar numbers tonight? We gonna get all wild over him lol

Damn right we are! LOL

of course!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Damn right we are! LOL

Originally posted by English:
of course!

okay sounds good lol
Originally posted by English:
Drafting a qb with an early first is always a gamble. Giving up future picks to get there just raises the ante. Early days though.

But English, can you imagine us giving up a Wentz 6 pak, 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds....plus we ended up with, oh say, Goff? Man that would be a nut buster to shake the team for at least 2 yrs. That is your real nightmare if you are a fan whose team needs a Qb. ....FR QB, that is.
Super excited about bringing Cousins in to replicate his Washington "success" in Santa Clara. Niners will be the 8-8 kings of the NFL for years.

This team is worse than than a feminine dude with a bubble butt and DSL's going to federal pound you in the ass prison.

I take it all back. Lynch & Kyle are geniuses. Winning games 15-12 was their plan all along.

All they have to do is figure out how to get a couple more field goals per game, and they'll go undefeated.

So glad they didn't waste their money on a QB like Jay Cutler or Trubisky. I should've known; they'd never fit into Kyle & Lynch's no-TD plan.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Sep 17, 2017 at 6:30 PM ]
this thread owns the silver-lining "positive" thread.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

It's like the local news...negativity stir interest and debate.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

It's like the local news...negativity stir interest and debate.

it simmers unrealistic expectations
-Thought the team really made some strides last week, especially on D

-If Hoyer has just a decent game they probably would have won. It started bad for him on his first pass, missing a wide open Goodwin 15-20 yards down the field

-Hyde and Breida showed well and could be a promising tandem going forward

-Garcon continues to show he'll be that surehanded, tough, possession WR but otherwise this team really lacks a playmaking WR. I like Taylor, both in the slot and returning punts. Seems to be adjusting to the NFL game very well. TE Kittle looks very promising, blocking and receiving...just needs to stay healthy

-The OL rebounded well from last game - a big part of this was Tomlinson already showing he's fitting in well and a no-doubt upgrade over Beadles. Wish the C Kilgore was better - he continues to show average-to-below average C play - but maybe he improves (such as in protection calls) as he gets more comfortable with this scheme. Overall, I liked the run and pass blocking, especially against one of the tougher front sevens and in such a hostile environment (no false starts?)

-The D line displayed some of the talent it has and that will only become more frequent as these guys (especially the young guys) get more refined and get more reps in this scheme. The depth on the D line was also great to see...the rookie Jones got quite a few snaps and was effective/held his own on the inside

-When Foster gets back, this D will be that much better, faster, etc. He'll also put Ray-Ray back on the bench (he's a good back-up but that's about it). Bowman, we saw the good and the bad/post-major-injuries LB play. I do like his veteran presence in the middle; however, Foster is badly needed to help this group play faster. As for Harold, I first thought he was kind of a ghost out there...but after watching it a 2nd time you see him holding his side down, being strong on the edge, and allowing other guys to make the tackle after a short or no gain. I know the jury is still out on him but he's still very young and does show promise at times

-The secondary did well for the most part...Williams was all over the field and held up well covering the tough (the punk?) Baldwin. I know Robinson gave up the winning TD but had a pretty good game otherwise (gotta catch that INT hitting you in the numbers, though). Same with Johnson - did well and stuck his nose in there tackling. The safeties impressed and gave Seattle WRs and TEs something to think about when coming over the middle (Tartt in particular). That pass in the end zone from Wilson to McEvoy...yes, it was a drop as has been pointed out, but who's to say he hangs on anyway as he was outstretched and about to get rocked. Reid looks like a different player this year and was having another good game...really hoping it's just a three-week thing with his knee. Ward was very active and impressive considering he missed pretty much all of TC and the preseason. Stay healthy, Ward - I want to see what you got in this D scheme

If this D can keep it up and play consistently at a similar level as last week, I like the team's chances vs. some of these teams coming up on the schedule (Rams, maybe Cards - not impressed w/ them, Colts, Bears, Texans, etc.). The O of course does have to do its part - it has to have some long, sustained drives that result in 7 and not just 3 - the D needs this and hopefully will not again this year play as many snaps as it did this last game.

All in all, like many, I was encouraged by last week's game but also very disappointed in the L. Let's see if the team can keep building and get better each week - both on O and D. (This post may be too positive for this thread - copying and pasting into the Positive Thread now).
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Sep 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone