LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Iron-Pyrite-Lining Thread (Negative people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Let me just start by saying that the vast majority of years since Steve Young took that hit from Aneas Williams, realistic people belonged here, not the silver-lining thread. This is the Yin (darker side) to the Silver-lining thread's Yang.

In my opinion, the 49ers are currently an amateur organization. They hired a choke-artist head coach and a guy who's never even been a scout as the GM. In my opinion, they have no plan.

I think they f***ed up royally by passing on Trubisky, but I don't want to turn this into a Trubisky thread. Suffice it to say at least the Bears and probably at least one other team thought he was a franchise QB (the other team(s) who were potential trade partners). At least they have a plan. The 49ers have no plan. Unless, that is, they're putting all their eggs in the You-Like-That basket. In which case, let me just let out a resounding "meh." If your plan is to hope the Redskins don't re-sign him and then pay out the a** for a guy who's one of the least-exciting, decent QBs in the NFL... he's not exactly Roethlisberger... then that's like holding out and not dating for a year in the off chance this chick might give you a chance some day:

Ok, so I used a painting because I don't like talking s**t about real women's appearances for no good reason. But you get the point. Even if the Niners get him, they're gonna pay enough money to fund a small country, and he's so not exciting it's nauseating.

Yes, the team has some amazing talent on the DL, now. That's great. So did the Jaguars when they had John Henderson & Marcus Stroud. If you don't have a QB, you don't have s**t. The exception is if your defense is so insanely good that any QB can win. and that is not the 49ers. They're not the 2000 Ravens or the 2002 Buccs. Maybe if they drafted Myles Garrett they could've been, but they didn't.

So yet again, I'm resigned to rooting for a f***ing draft pick. I've been rooting for good draft picks like 16 out of the last 20 years. I've been rooting for the Niners' QBs to get kidnapped by aliens since Steve Young. And the only hope I see is in the draft right now, not Kirk Cousins. If the team gets Josh Rosen, I'd be excited. MAYBE Josh Allen too, but he's got a long, LOOOOOOONG way to go. And I'm unconvinced about Sam Darnold, but this isn't a draft thread. But the Niners are gonna have to suck pretty badly to get one of those guys, and they have to much talent on the defensive side to suck that badly (anything can happen, though; Brian Hoyer might get hurt; you never know).

In short, I think the Niners are an amateur organization with no real leadership, no plan and no brains running blindly into the season with their fingers crossed, hoping good things happen.

This has been a downer thread by NinerSickness.

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jul 7, 2017 at 1:03 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good commentary, sickness. I tend to fall right in between the Silver Lining and the Iron Pyrite. Good points on both cases, let's hope it's a little of both.
A bizarre view of Shanahan and Lynch.
Originally posted by English:
A bizarre view of Shanahan and Lynch.

If you decide to throw the ball when you're already in field-goal range and a field goal ends the game, you're a choke artist.

Time will tell if newcomer Lynch is:

This is a guy who thought we should have moved up to draft Jared Goff. Let's just all let this guy blow off some steam.

We will have a top draft pick because our QB sucks and our schedule is brutal.

Be patient this season and next year we'll have a REAL QB of the Future.
Get this whiny s**t out of here
Cliffs:

This is a Trubisky thread and I'm still butthurt we passed on him...
Lol @ choke artist. At any given time Quinn could of stepped up and told Shanny what to do. It's not a shock that Kyle went for the jugular in the SB, that's his M O. Maybe the defense can get a f'n stop??
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Get this whiny s**t out of here

LMAO...place for everyone, I guess.

Interesting that he starts his thread out with a Kirk Cousins gif and then devalues Kyle and John and those two would be THE main reason Kirk would want to come here.

If Kyle is a choke artist, I can only imagine what he thought of HaRoman...and well, every OC over the history of time.

Originally posted by NCommand:
LMAO...place for everyone, I guess.

Interesting that he starts his thread out with a Kirk Cousins gif and then devalues Kyle and John and those two would be THE main reason Kirk would want to come here.

If Kyle is a choke artist, I can only imagine what he thought of HaRoman...and well, every OC over the history of time.

Make no mistake...this is all about them not drafting Trubisky. If they took his draft crush they'd be the next Bill Walsh/John McVay
  • thl408
f**k the 9ers
Originally posted by thl408:
f**k the 9ers

Sob!!!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
They hired a choke-artist head coach

They did ? Last I checked he went to one SB as an OC not the HC and did make some mistakes, but let's not forget the offense was not responsible for blowing a 28-3 lead. They did not help, but they also did not surrender those points either.

I think they f***ed up royally by passing on Trubisky, but I don't want to turn this into a Trubisky thread. Suffice it to say at least the Bears and probably at least one other team thought he was a franchise QB (the other team(s) who were potential trade partners). At least they have a plan. The 49ers have no plan.

So because the FO did not think as highly of Trubisky as you, Bears GM Ryan Pace and one other did then that adds up to having no plan ?

And the only hope I see is in the draft right now, not Kirk Cousins. If the team gets Josh Rosen, I'd be excited. MAYBE Josh Allen too, but he's got a long, LOOOOOOONG way to go. And I'm unconvinced about Sam Darnold, but this isn't a draft thread. But the Niners are gonna have to suck pretty badly to get one of those guys, and they have to much talent on the defensive side to suck that badly (anything can happen, though; Brian Hoyer might get hurt; you never know).

This franchise doesn't have to suck so badly to get one of those guys. Nobody knows where those guys will be drafted and current projections mean nothing. We have seen a thousand and one times over that "prospect X" will be projected to be a top pick in July/August/September only to no longer be that same top pick when April rolls around.

Also this team has additional 2nd and 3rd round picks in next years draft class, which could prove to be valuable trade chips if they deem a move up the board to secure a QB is in the franchises best interest.
I like to think I'm realistic and I don't think we'll be magically good in one season and I don't think honest people assume we will be either.

Passing on a sub-par QB with 13 games of experience doesn't equal "no direction" and I think for the first time in a couple yrs we actually have direction.

Just because we didn't draft who you like doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing....most would agree that the QB class was trash this yr and Kirk along with what is looked at as a far superior QB class in 2018 might be the smarter move for a total rebuild.

Kyle has improved every single offense he's been apart of and that's a fact. You call him a choke-artist, I see someone that wanted to put the game to bed. That ATL D gave up 570 yards and couldn't stop a nosebleed in the 2nd half. That 2nd half ATL avg 2.6 per carry, NE stopped the run. AND his 3rd down play was the correct call cause he got them in FG distance if not for the holding call...takes a whole team to win a game not just a OC. Freeman doesn't whiff on a pass block, Ryan throws a ball away, Coleman doesn't get hurt, no holding call, ATLs D makes a damn stop etc that game is different.

Putting Mitch on a pedestal, yet poo pooing on the current college QB's or a guy like Kirk WHO HAS actually done something in the NFL is a joke imo.

I got no problem with the yin and yang threads cause we do need to talk about both sides...this thread sounds like sour grapes too me though.

sounds like some whining because we didn't get josh McDaniels or Mitch.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 7, 2017 at 7:25 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone