LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Improved Positions?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Almost everywhere. Its crazy to look at the 2017 depth chart compared to last years.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Of all the yrs to have a change in cut format...who could that possibly help most but the suckiest team in the NFL in 2016, who needed the biggest complete overhaul...than us?

This just gives John and Kyle a nice bit of longer time with the guys they most want to keep. In a sense, they get extended time to be sure they are truly taking the 53 best. Also, if we take more than one cut from elsewhere, I will be surprised. My guess is none. Maybe a corner...if anything.

Was thinking about this when mentioned in another thread by Smokes...who thinks Lynch peruses the cut list and if he sees a really nice veteran CB he takes him. I have said elswhere somthing similar, eg, if there is a great Corner perhaps we think about that. Again, there will be precious few guys we add after cuts, to the 53, but a good bet would be a vet CB being cut for salary reasons. Other than that i will be surprised if we dip into the cuts list. I pretty much agree with the avg 53 list most have seen.
Of all the yrs to have a change in cut format...who could that possibly help most but the suckiest team in the NFL in 2016, who needed the biggest complete overhaul...than us?

This just gives John and Kyle a nice bit of longer time with the guys they most want to keep. In a sense, they get extended time to be sure they are truly taking the 53 best. Also, if we take more than one cut from elsewhere, I will be surprised. My guess is none. Maybe a corner...if anything.

Was thinking about this when mentioned in another thread by Smokes...who thinks Lynch peruses the cut list and if he sees a really nice veteran CB he takes him. I have said elswhere somthing similar, eg, if there is a great Corner perhaps we think about that. Again, there will be precious few guys we add after cuts, to the 53, but a good bet would be a vet CB being cut for salary reasons. Other than that i will be surprised if we dip into the cuts list. I pretty much agree with the avg 53 list most have seen.

Man i cant wait for pre-season to be honest... Eff TC besides news

Watching entire pre season games gonna tell me a lot and i dont care if ish is vanilla. I think we got good young talent that should give problems to other teams.
First Ladanian Tomlinson predicts 1400 yards for Carlos Hyde, now Elliot Harrison predicts Hoyer to pass for 4,000 yards.

I know I am looking forward to this defense, but can the offense really live up to the above?? Think the 49ers will shock everyone? Or are we being set up for another pipe dream?
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
First Ladanian Tomlinson predicts 1400 yards for Carlos Hyde, now Elliot Harrison predicts Hoyer to pass for 4,000 yards.

I know I am looking forward to this defense, but can the offense really live up to the above?? Think the 49ers will shock everyone? Or are we being set up for another pipe dream?
somewhere in the middle. but the potential is there

IMO, way too many people's expectations are too high.

This is year 1 in the rebuild.

I think we'll be much better and show improvement everywhere.

Also, Hyde won't be facing as many 8 man fronts as he did the last 2 years which bodes well for him.
How do you know if a position is improved before you see the team play?

lol. Would be surprising if Hyde gets half those yards.

I just know that I'm going for Garcon in my fantasy draft. I expect him to suck up a ton of targets.
QB +
RB ++
WR +
TE +
OT
OG +

D-line +++
LB ++++
CB
S

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
QB +
RB ++
WR +
TE +
OT
OG +

D-line +++
LB ++++
CB
S

agree w/ this

QB might even be + +
1. Coaching
2. Running Backs
3. LB's
4. D-Line
5. TE's

10-6 😎👍
Good man Bug, that's my first also....coaches. Key guy will , of course, be Kyle. But my eyes will be glued to Saleh, too. Expecting BOTH guys to come out 7s...and then to go up from there. I can't wait to see the playcalls we saw during the Glory yrs. that's what I'm expecting. And against the Panthers new RB ace, I am anxious to see Saleh stop him cold. That would be one heckuva wish, but that's it for me.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
QB +
RB ++
WR +
TE +
OT
OG +

D-line +++
LB ++++
CB
S