There are 164 users in the forums

The Uniform Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I love how jerseys/pants had an inconsistent and "rag tag" look to them pre-1989.

In Super Bowl XXIII for example, in team huddles, you can see how there were 3-4-5 different shades in the pants

3-4 players (Montana, Lott, Keena Turner, Eric Wright? Mike Wilson?) wore the same jerseys they wore in Super Bowl XIX four years earlier at Stanford, prob for good luck....you could tell cos the ones they wore had thicker sleeve stripes and the font of the nameplate on the back was sans-serif block letters vs the serifed letters introduced in 1986 for the team's 40th anniversary

Definitely noticed the sans-serif letters on Montana's jersey. There's an nfl films clip of Sam Wyche looking on as Montana warmed up, and it was clearly visible there
Heard in a podcast with Shanahan as guest a while back that "if it were up to him he'd bring back the white pants and cleats" I'm starting to think the1994 squad unis might be the new alternate uniform that we'll see next year..

On another note, I really hope we bring back our classic sock stripes. I don't understand why such a storied franchise would ever abandon part of such an iconic uniform the socks put our uniforms over the top imo
[ Edited by UCLA9er on Feb 4, 2018 at 2:34 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by UCLA9er:
Heard in a podcast with Shanahan as guest a while back that "if it were up to him he'd bring back the white pants and cleats" I'm starting to think the1994 squad unis might be the new alternate uniform that we'll see next year..

On another note, I really hope we bring back our classic sock stripes. I don't understand why such a storied franchise would ever abandon part of such an iconic uniform the socks put our uniforms over the top imo

It'd be tough bringing back the socks with the sleeves on the jersey having only two stripes. I'd look funny having the socks with only two stripes.

Hopefully.....I'd be willing to bet our murdered out black jersey had a lot to do with Harbaugh and his always wearing of black. I'm sure they were designed and signed on for when Harbs was still HC even though they appeared the first year after Harbaugh.
Originally posted by mayo49:
It'd be tough bringing back the socks with the sleeves on the jersey having only two stripes. I'd look funny having the socks with only two stripes.

That's true, maybe a modified sock with two stripes, it might look sorta of similar to the jets but at least they'd be close haha

Fine with me
Originally posted by tohara3:
Fine with me

Same here man, I really dig those digs haha
Maybe not the 1994 or 1996/97 designs exactly, but some sort of modified white pants would look pretty cool imo
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Maybe not the 1994 or 1996/97 designs exactly, but some sort of modified white pants would look pretty cool imo

White pants w/ red-gold-red stripes (would look like KC's white pants, but a little thicker, and true gold)

That's true, maybe a modified sock with two stripes, it might look sorta of similar to the jets but at least they'd be close haha

we'd look like the early '90s cowboys except in Niners colors
All white with red numbers, socks, cleats,bands,sleeves etc would look clean IMO. I have been smoking doe With the helmets think it would look nice.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Those all white uniforms are sweet!! I'd totally be down for those!
Originally posted by MTninerfan:

call me old school/traditionalist need the gold (even tho white looks nice)
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Color Rush uniforms need to be all one color, so unless we go with red pants, or gold jerseys, which would both look terrible, all whites are the best bet.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Color Rush uniforms need to be all one color, so unless we go with red pants, or gold jerseys, which would both look terrible, all whites are the best bet.

Go with white helmets, gold facemask and on all the stripes go 2 red with gold in the middle
Share 49ersWebzone