LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 200 users in the forums

The Uniform Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Im so tempted to make a custom #56 jersey that reads "FROSTER" lol.

People are going way too far with that joke. It was funny for a couple days, but that's about it.

I just think its not a bad lil nickname while it being a funny lil inside joke lol. I am a sarcastic and silly person doe so..

People are going way too far with that joke. It was funny for a couple days, but that's about it.

I just think its not a bad lil nickname while it being a funny lil inside joke lol. I am a sarcastic and silly person doe so..

lol I like how the main reason that caught on was because of how everyone gravitates towards trashing Roger Goodell.

Well deserved though. Hes a terrible commissioner, and screwing up players' names during the biggest moments of their lives seems heinous.

lol I like how the main reason that caught on was because of how everyone gravitates towards trashing Roger Goodell.

Well deserved though. Hes a terrible commissioner, and screwing up players' names during the biggest moments of their lives seems heinous.

Im cool with Goodell.. Hes an enforcer and tries to sail a tight ship. I can respect that.
If we were creating a jersey from scratch, matching the helmet, sleeve, and pants stripes would make sense. But we have a traditional look to our sleeves. Its the only thing that differentiates our plain 2 color jerseys from any random college team, like Nebraska. You have to keep that look intact.

The gold is what really makes the uniform stand out. Having that third color is what differentiates our uniforms from teams like Nebraska or Wisconsin (which are just red and white).

That's one reason why I don't mind the changes to the stripes. A lot of players haven't worn the third stripe on their uniforms, so it's pretty much been gone for a while. See Hyde's uniform below

[ Edited by linkboy on Sep 1, 2017 at 5:24 PM ]
Originally posted by linkboy:
If we were creating a jersey from scratch, matching the helmet, sleeve, and pants stripes would make sense. But we have a traditional look to our sleeves. Its the only thing that differentiates our plain 2 color jerseys from any random college team, like Nebraska. You have to keep that look intact.

The gold is what really makes the uniform stand out. Having that third color is what differentiates our uniforms from teams like Nebraska or Wisconsin (which are just red and white).

That's one reason why I don't mind the changes to the stripes. A lot of players haven't worn the third stripe on their uniforms, so it's pretty much been gone for a while. See Hyde's uniform below

Im just talking about the jersey itself. There is no gold on the red or white jerseys.

Im cool with Goodell.. Hes an enforcer and tries to sail a tight ship. I can respect that.

Except when players beat women into a coma. Then he serves out 2 game mini suspensions.
Im just talking about the jersey itself. There is no gold on the red or white jerseys.

Gotcha.

I was talking about the complete, on field set with regards to the gold.
When are we gonna rock the red and whites!
Originally posted by LBCniner:

Fun fact: In the modern years that we wore them (1994, 1996, and 1997, including the playoffs) the 49ers are 42-10 wearing white pants.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Oct 28, 2017 at 2:03 PM ]

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Hey look...Joe had the 2017 jerseys in 1982

Originally posted by Niners816:
Hey look...Joe had the 2017 jerseys in 1982

He hadn't earned all his stripes yet
I love how jerseys/pants had an inconsistent and "rag tag" look to them pre-1989.

In Super Bowl XXIII for example, in team huddles, you can see how there were 3-4-5 different shades in the pants
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
I love how jerseys/pants had an inconsistent and "rag tag" look to them pre-1989.

In Super Bowl XXIII for example, in team huddles, you can see how there were 3-4-5 different shades in the pants

3-4 players (Montana, Lott, Keena Turner, Eric Wright? Mike Wilson?) wore the same jerseys they wore in Super Bowl XIX four years earlier at Stanford, prob for good luck....you could tell cos the ones they wore had thicker sleeve stripes and the font of the nameplate on the back was sans-serif block letters vs the serifed letters introduced in 1986 for the team's 40th anniversary
Share 49ersWebzone