There are 204 users in the forums

49ers sign CB Will Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Hope the lad stays healthy and competes hard for a spot on the roster. With the current state of our secondary, this is probably as good a spot as any to make a regular season roster. Good luck to him.
Trent Baalke is somewhere fapping furiously right now.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 1, 2017 at 3:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Trent Baalke is somewhere fapping furiously right now.

Someone with Photoshop skills should redo the Fate of the Furious poster with the phrasing of The Fap of the Furious, with Baalke and smiling next to an image of Davis.
Paraag still signing ACL's, eh?
Must've looked better than Hall. Seems like they wanted more slot competition, perhaps Redmond is looked at more so outside this year.
Will the Still is no Dill

This is a great signing and shows the 9ers are real and looking to get the best bunch of DBs since the Ronnie Lott and Erric Wright days.
It will be interesting to see how this roster shakes out when we trim our roster down to 53. I like that pretty much none of the carry over players from last year are guaranteed a roster spot this year, and that competition is coming in to try and take their job. As far as our secondary goes, it is nice to have guys who have played not only DB, but safety as well. I'm hoping Reid gets traded sooner rather than later, because I wouldn't want to give him an extension due to his declining play and concussion issues. Might as well trade him now, get what we can for him as far as a draft pick, and save his 5+ million dollar salary. Just roll that money into next year.
Competition equals success
Who?

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Well, the receiver that got cut was sorta like a in transition Baalke signing. So it might be a wash. But yeah, another ACL!
Davis was born in Spokane, Washington. He was a second-team all-Greater Spokane League selection in his only year of football at Central Valley High School in the Spokane Valley, logging seven interceptions, while also tallying 33 tackles, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. He also played wide receiver, making 16 catches for 135 yards and four touchdowns. He earned three letters in basketball and four in track. He was an honorable mention all-league honoree and team MVP as a senior in basketball and was a two-year starter. As sophomore, he played on the team that was Class 4A state runner-up. He placed third in triple jump at state track meet as a senior and was regional champion as junior, and had a personal record triple jump of 46–0.

Davis originally attended Western Washington University, but the university disbanded the football program after his redshirt season in 2008.[1] He then enrolled at De Anza College, a community college located in Cupertino, California. He earned first-team all-Golden Gate Conference and first-team all-state honors after posting eight interceptions, returning two for touchdowns. The eight interceptions led the Northern California Football Association and he ranked tied for eighth in the National Club Football Association (NCFA) in passes defended with 1.55 per game, adding eight pass break-ups, and also tallied 38 tackles.

After the 2010 season, Davis transferred to Utah State University, where he played for the Utah State Aggies football team during the 2011 and 2012 seasons. He played in all 13 games in 2011, making five starts, while recording 35 tackles to rank 10th on the team. He finished the year tied for third on the team for pass break-ups with six as well as having 3.5 tackles for a loss to rank eighth on the team. In his senior season in 2012, he was named to the all-conference first team. Davis ranked first on the team in both interceptions (5) and passes defended (17) his 22 total passes defended (1.69 per game) ranked him second in the nation, he also finished eighth on the team with 47 tackles (33-solo), to go along with three quarterback hurries.

Miami Dolphins[edit]Davis was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the third round, with the 93rd overall pick, of the 2013 NFL draft.

Baltimore Ravens[edit]Davis was traded to the Baltimore Ravens on September 21, 2015. On October 11, 2015, in the 33-30 loss to the Cleveland Browns, Davis experienced a season-ending ACL tear in the first half of the game and was placed on injured reserve.

Davis was released by the Ravens on November 4, 2016.

San Francisco 49ers[edit]On June 1, 2017, Davis signed with the San Francisco 49ers.

He was born on the 8th of May 1990 so he shares the same birthday as me.

I feel a kinmanship with him and hope he is extremely successful.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Well, the receiver that got cut was sorta like a in transition Baalke signing. So it might be a wash. But yeah, another ACL!

Ugh....
Originally posted by Giedi:

The fact we keep signing DBs...even tho it is just OTAs, says to me that I'm not the only one who thinks our DBs are like jello in your hand...you just can't get a grip on them. I sitll have no idea who starts, and in a couple cases, who even makes the 53. I just have no feel for the DBs. It was nice to hear Lynch in the Florio interview give some props to the DBs.
Share 49ersWebzone