There are 168 users in the forums

Who will lead the 49ers in sacks in 2017?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will lead the 49ers in sacks in 2017?

Originally posted by JBrack:
Who's it gonna be?

Bowman The Beast!
Between Armstead, Buckner and Thomas the one who isn't double-teamed.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I think Pita might have a shot at it *next* year. If he develops a bit of strength to stop the run, and continue to develop his upperbody and his pass rushing skills, with the so much draft capital (as Heroism said) invested in the D Line, he could very well clean up if the rest of the D Line is double teamed and he's one-on-one most of the time with a pass blocker.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think Pita might have a shot at it *next* year. If he develops a bit of strength to stop the run, and continue to develop his upperbody and his pass rushing skills, with the so much draft capital (as Heroism said) invested in the D Line, he could very well clean up if the rest of the D Line is double teamed and he's one-on-one most of the time with a pass blocker.

Thats my pick as he will be used exclusively to rush the passer. So he will be fresh. Unless he somehow is able to compete at the Sam.
[ Edited by JBrack on May 22, 2017 at 4:31 PM ]
Me
Aaron don't call me fat Lynch
Buck
Armstead is my pick...used as a situational player his rookie year he got pressure consistantly, he played hurt last year I think if he's healthy he will have a big impact...hoping at least
[ Edited by NYS49er on May 22, 2017 at 5:34 PM ]
I think 6 sacks apiece for Lynch and Armstead are fair. As far as the leader, I'm throwing my name in the hat for Buckner. Towards the later stretch of last season, most 49ers fans began to see the evolving potential of Buckner and how good he can start to become. I think at some point this season, the rest of the NFL community will catch up and start to see him as the evolving superstar he is becoming.

Last season he had six sacks in a role that asked him to two gap and occupy blockers, it's reasonable to expect him to succeed that this season in a scheme that will ask him to one gap and fire upfield more now. I'm going to say 8 sacks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him reach double digits at 10.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 22, 2017 at 5:46 PM ]
Hoyer?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Michael Bennett or Aaron Donald.
aldon smith and then he'll get arrested
Even if tyrell
As far I'm concerned as long as one of them can rack up double digits sacks, I'm content.
Lynch with 11
Share 49ersWebzone