LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

2017 Jersey number changes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't seem to find the jersey number changes thread via search or looking through the pages, but some guys changed numbers, apparently, according to 49ers.com

Thomas is now 94
Watson is now 97
Pita is now 45
Jerome is now 49
Gillbert is now 47
DJ Jones is now 96
Joe Williams is now 32
Bibbs is now 26
Rashard Robinson is back to 33
BJ Johnson is now 83
Richard Levy is now 69
Chanceller James is now 43
Donavin Newsom is now 48
Noble Nwauchukwu is now 66
Colbert is now 38

Not sure if these are mistakes, as I'm a bit surprised 97 is being given out.
Solly #94.
Jones better ball out with 96
B.Y's number given out??
strange. Thomas was already seen sporting 96.. 33 is a RB number.. Robinson looks better with 26.
its about time BY's number to be worn again.. he was a great niner but come on.. cant keep retiring numbers of people who play above average.. raiders issed 24, cowboys issed 88, patriots issued 93. 80 and even the bears issued 50.. i dont see BY better than any of these..
Originally posted by kazak13:
strange. Thomas was already seen sporting 96.. 33 is a RB number.. Robinson looks better with 26.
its about time BY's number to be worn again.. he was a great niner but come on.. cant keep retiring numbers of people who play above average.. raiders issed 24, cowboys issed 88, patriots issued 93. 80 and even the bears issued 50.. i dont see BY better than any of these..

I'm sorry but BY should get HOF consideration. One of the most underrated DL of all time. He had 7 less sacks for his career than Sapp and probably would have had more than Sapp if not for a devastating leg injury. I know I'm going to get killed for this but imo he was better than Sapp. That number should be retired and I hate retiring numbers.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

That number has been worn by bums that last 8-10 years.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by illinois9er:

That number has been worn by bums that last 8-10 years.

Andre Carter was the last decent player to rock the 96
Originally posted by CityKing415:
B.Y's number given out??

This is bull if thats the case give out #52 while we at it.

Watson is a backup linebacker that has no business wearing a legends humber like Bryant Young
B.Y's number given out??

Who the hell is Watson

49ers.com has always struggled to get the roster right.

Noble is apparently 16 years old:

66, Nwachukwu, Noble, DL, 6-2, 275, 16, R, West Virginia
http://www.49ers.com/team/roster.html

lol
New regime probably making numbers not officially retired available. I'm stoked to see Thomas wear 94!! Also cool to see 97 in use again. Even 21 was issued but Hightower didn't want to wear it. Gore will get it retired eventually.
B.Y's number given out??

Right? That's not cool The new equipment guy doesn't know how things are done here. I'm sure Watson will switch if he makes the final cut.
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by kazak13:

I'm sorry but BY should get HOF consideration. One of the most underrated DL of all time. He had 7 less sacks for his career than Sapp and probably would have had more than Sapp if not for a devastating leg injury. I know I'm going to get killed for this but imo he was better than Sapp. That number should be retired and I hate retiring numbers.

I agree with you. I've been saying that to whomever will listen for years. B.Y. was every bit as good as Warren Sapp as far as I'm concerned and needs to be in the H.O.F.
It's funny, 94 being given out Haley/Smith doesn't bother me near as much.
Share 49ersWebzone