LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Jimmie Gilbert, OLB, UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
NY, how does one play 7 yrs and get just 4 sacks? Was he injured, was he OTB(on the bench), was he just ST, or what? IF that 7 yrs/4 sacks is not a typo, how did he hang around so long? I must be missing something, no?

Good ST player pretty much...he's not a starter in this league thus far. Some serious optimism if people actually think he's gonna contribute as a edge rusher imo
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 14, 2017 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by xcfan:
Dont see A Lynch and Saleh meshing well.
Saleh has a hot fire in him; lynch more like a bong-friendly bic lighter.
Ill bet saleh rips into him during game review after seeing the glaring underachievement

Saleh already talked about lynch when he was in the draft (Jacksonville) saying they wanted him as a LEO.
6'4, 231 and only 12 reps on the bench? No wonder this guy didn't get drafted. No work ethic.
Originally posted by Ryanoceros:
6'4, 231 and only 12 reps on the bench? No wonder this guy didn't get drafted. No work ethic.

Do you know his background?.. i dont so I'll hold off judgement.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 15, 2017 at 11:15 AM ]

Or late filling out. He's a great guy to put on the PS for a year or two
Bump for the boy Gilbert whose making some noise with sacks and might be a legit candidate to make the 53 if he balls in TC/pre-season.
Intriguing
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Intriguing

Very...could be an excellent candidate for the PS and weight train for a year and compete next year.

How do you know if his training routine prior to the combine was more dumbbells then barbells?

How do you know if he wasn't injured?

How do you know anything?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Bump for the boy Gilbert whose making some noise with sacks and might be a legit candidate to make the 53 if he balls in TC/pre-season.

Meh...he's got long arms and he's somewhat fast (not elite) I mean Thomas had a faster 20 yard shuttle then him 4.28 vs 4.57 and Thomas is 40+ lbs bigger lol.

I can't really take into account sacks at OTAs, there's no real contact and this kid needs to add some serious muscle if he's gonna make it against NFL tackles.

I really don't see how he makes the 53 man roster, great PS candidate who needs a full yr of NFL conditioning to get bigger.

Sucks there's no tape of this guy online. I'd love to watch it.

Going to see if I can make do with Awuzie/Witherspoon tape.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 12, 2017 at 11:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Sucks there's no tape of this guy online. I'd love to watch it.

Going to see if I can make do with Awuzie/Witherspoon tape.

<3
I'd love to see us find a few diamonds in the rough this year and would be ecstatic if Gilbert, Hikutini, Breida and Jerome all turned into top flight players but it's OTAs.

Let's at least wait preseason to really hype these kids up.
Originally posted by genus49:
I'd love to see us find a few diamonds in the rough this year and would be ecstatic if Gilbert, Hikutini, Breida and Jerome all turned into top flight players but it's OTAs.

Let's at least wait preseason to really hype these kids up.

If a few of these guys end up beating some vets that we thought were too good to get cut... thats when you know we probably got ourselves a nice lil gem. Who was our last gem? Trent Brown?...Ian Williams?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 12, 2017 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
If a few of these guys end up beating some vets that we thought were too good to get cut... thats when you know we probably got ourselves a nice lil gem. Who was our last gem? Trent Brown?...Ian Williams?

Undrafted probably Ian. F*cking Seattle. Killed us on the field and with the big injuries to Williams and Bow. I can't help but wonder what our defense would be like if neither of those guys got hurt the way they did against them.
Share 49ersWebzone