LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

UDFA Matt Breida RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
OR let him play and get a comp pick...unless we get wild in FA next yr you'll get a 3-4th pick. I never understood trading a guy who was 12 yards away from 1,000 yards and out best offensive player for a mid rd pick.

He's currently still our best offensive player and I see no reason for him to perform well in kyle's scheme...Hightower is the one that needs to watch his roster spot imo

I was in the same place as you but I started thinking more long term. We're two to three seasons away from being competitive, Hyde will be 27 in September this year, so if we do re-sign him he will be close to 30 by the time we are competitive for play-offs and championships if it all goes to plan. He'll be a FA at the end of the season and basically has one shot at a big deal, we also have the concerns about his durability.

It hurts me to say it, but I think we should be rolling with youth now and see if we can get a pick for him before the season starts, that way we don't need to worry about giving up a compensatory pick by being active in FA.
Originally posted by Buchy:
I was in the same place as you but I started thinking more long term. We're two to three seasons away from being competitive, Hyde will be 27 in September this year, so if we do re-sign him he will be close to 30 by the time we are competitive for play-offs and championships if it all goes to plan. He'll be a FA at the end of the season and basically has one shot at a big deal, we also have the concerns about his durability.

It hurts me to say it, but I think we should be rolling with youth now and see if we can get a pick for him before the season starts, that way we don't need to worry about giving up a compensatory pick by being active in FA.

Already stated I disagree with this (in a different thread)...you have no idea what you have in our other RBs. 27 isn't old and who says we can't be competitive in a yr if we get a QB like Kirk?...I don't think lynch is in the business of letting talent go for a crappy mid-rd pick.

He's only avg 138 attempts a yr since coming into the league...yes injuries have been a issue, but so has our predictable offensive scheme the past two seasons and our league worst run-blocking OL the past TWO yrs.

In all actuality he's done more than just about any RB in this league for what he's been given....football outsiders ranked him 6th overall in the league this past season.

People and their love for the unknown... it's unbelievable
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 3, 2017 at 6:13 AM ]
I'm hoping the competition brings out the best in Hyde being pushed and knowing every spot will be earned. If Hydes not on the team then it will be because Williams, Hightower, And one other RB out perform him. Same goes for everyone on the team. I love that it will be settled on the field.
Originally posted by Badger49:
I'm hoping the competition brings out the best in Hyde being pushed and knowing every spot will be earned. If Hydes not on the team then it will be because Williams, Hightower, And one other RB out perform him. Same goes for everyone on the team. I love that it will be settled on the field.

Nice post. Whats your guess? Mine? Hyde outruns the competition easy..best all around back IMO. Got Williams making it,like Hightower having experience in the system and jas averaged 4 YPC last 2 years on the saints. If we go with 4 RB the battle is between this guy and Bibbs.
Already stated I disagree with this (in a different thread)...you have no idea what you have in our other RBs. 27 isn't old and who says we can't be competitive in a yr if we get a QB like Kirk?...I don't think lynch is in the business of letting talent go for a crappy mid-rd pick.

He's only avg 138 attempts a yr since coming into the league...yes injuries have been a issue, but so has our predictable offensive scheme the past two seasons and our league worst run-blocking OL the past TWO yrs.

In all actuality he's done more than just about any RB in this league for what he's been given....football outsiders ranked him 6th overall in the league this past season.

Its not unbelievable, it is the perpetual "brand new toy" mentality of NT where newer is always better.

I remember when half this forum couldn't wait until Marcus Martin finally replaced that piece of s**t Kilgore and truly solidified the OL because..new..unproven..dat dere potential.

Things never change around here.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Its not unbelievable, it is the perpetual "brand new toy" mentality of NT where newer is always better.

I remember when half this forum couldn't wait until Marcus Martin finally replaced that piece of s**t Kilgore and truly solidified the OL because..new..unproven..dat dere potential.

In all fairness though, Martin was supposed to be that guy. Almost everyone had him as the top center in the draft.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
In all fairness though, Martin was supposed to be that guy. Almost everyone had him as the top center in the draft.

Top center that was a third rd pick he wasn't even the first center drafted that yr.

It's too bad it didn't pan out, just too soft imo. We might be in he market for a C this time next yr
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This is true certain things don't change around here lol
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 27, 2017 at 6:01 AM ]
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Top center that was a third rd pick he wasn't even the first center drafted that yr.

It's too bad it didn't pan out, just too soft imo. We might be in he market for a C this time next yr

Id like to get one in the draft and groom for a year. I'm cool riding with Kilgore/Zu for another year...hopefully.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

I believe shannylynch can find RBs.
Originally posted by Jcool:

F yeah. Howd Hightower look?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
not one snap
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
not one snap

I think he was nursing an injury?
I loved this kid... except at the goaline. But he running physical and keeps his balance bouncing off and getting maximum yards.
Share 49ersWebzone