There are 222 users in the forums

UDFA Matt Breida RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Damn, I really hope Breida makes the team now, I loved his pre 2016 tape, I liked him even as a potential late rounder this year, will be rooting for him this preseason, and hope he makes the team.

What round did he project to go in with his 2014-2015 tape?

I'm excited to see how Kyle uses Hyde, williams, and Breida in his system. I'm glad there will be better competition at the position
One of these guys is going to have to prove special teams worth to be active.
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Damn, I really hope Breida makes the team now, I loved his pre 2016 tape, I liked him even as a potential late rounder this year, will be rooting for him this preseason, and hope he makes the team.

What round did he project to go in with his 2014-2015 tape?

I'm excited to see how Kyle uses Hyde, williams, and Breida in his system. I'm glad there will be better competition at the position

The better rivals guys did a study and it seems that breida and Williams are not in direct competition. Williams will be more the bell cow and breida something else. Maybe a scat back type role or something. Definitely anxious to find out!
Originally posted by Jcool:

Williams was playing against better competition overall, would be my counter to comparing college stats.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Hightower plays this season, because he knows the system, Bibs is a favorite of Lynch. Lynch did all the Broncos preseason games, and covets Bibs.

If Bredia makes the final roster it will be an uphill battle, and will need to blow some people away. Its in my option more likely Hyde gets traded, and then Hightower gets cut. Shannahan wants "his guys" if Bredia makes the team, I could see Hyde getting dealt for a late round pick.

This 👆
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Hightower plays this season, because he knows the system, Bibs is a favorite of Lynch. Lynch did all the Broncos preseason games, and covets Bibs.

If Bredia makes the final roster it will be an uphill battle, and will need to blow some people away. Its in my option more likely Hyde gets traded, and then Hightower gets cut. Shannahan wants "his guys" if Bredia makes the team, I could see Hyde getting dealt for a late round pick.

This 👆

A late round pick?... Yeah, if he gets injured in pre season and they say he won't be ready till week 8-10 maybe and someone takes him on to make a playoff push lol. Put Carlos Hyde on the Packers or Patriots and see what happens.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jul 1, 2017 at 2:10 PM ]
If Shanahan doesn't think Hyde is the type of RB to be around for a long time in his system, we might as well trade him away and get something for him while we can. I don't see a late round pick for him, but I do see a 4th round pick for him. If Shanahan thinks Hyde can produce in his system, then I could see Hightower traded, and thus only costing us 150,000. I like a RB tandem of Hyde-WIlliams-Breida with Bibbs on the PS.
Not enough roster spots. Will be practice squad material or washed away in the never-ending string of college players who dont make it.
[ Edited by JBrack on Jul 1, 2017 at 11:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
If Shanahan doesn't think Hyde is the type of RB to be around for a long time in his system, we might as well trade him away and get something for him while we can. I don't see a late round pick for him, but I do see a 4th round pick for him. If Shanahan thinks Hyde can produce in his system, then I could see Hightower traded, and thus only costing us 150,000. I like a RB tandem of Hyde-WIlliams-Breida with Bibbs on the PS.

OR let him play and get a comp pick...unless we get wild in FA next yr you'll get a 3-4th pick. I never understood trading a guy who was 12 yards away from 1,000 yards and out best offensive player for a mid rd pick.

He's currently still our best offensive player and I see no reason for him to perform well in kyle's scheme...Hightower is the one that needs to watch his roster spot imo
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 2, 2017 at 5:32 AM ]
Originally posted by JBrack:
Not enough roster spots. Will be practice squad material or washed away in the never-ending string of college players who dont make it.

Hyde/Williams/Breida and Hightower/bibbs fight for the last spot.

He's not gonna stick on the PS and will be on an active roster.

Originally posted by Boldjames:
Williams, Hyde, breida a three headed BEAST. imo get rid of Hightower

Yup. Asks Bibbs is a returner too.
I read a piece about Bibs, Lynch as a broadcaster did all the Broncos preseason games, and when he was trading picks with the broncos he asked specifically for Bibs.

That is fine and all but Bibbs was still a throw-in into a deal that could have been made without him and still been fair for both sides. Lynch could like Bibbs and still like other RBs on the roster even more. Even moreso for Shanahan who will have an even bigger impact on who stays on the roster.

Thus far Bibbs has been more impressive in the NFL as a special teams contributor than as an actual running back. Shanahan could see Breida as having better upside to contribute on offense. Time will tell but I see Bibbs as being far from a lock to make this roster.
The easiest path probably is to either trade or release Hightower at the end of the pre season, and roll with Hyde-Williams-Breida, with Bibbs on the PS in case one of the 3 get hurt.
I think that we should wait and see how they all do in training camp.
For youth purposes and long term success we should hope Breida/Bibbs beat out Hightower. My gut? 50-50 honestly. Need to wait till TC.
Share 49ersWebzone