There are 188 users in the forums

UDFA Matt Breida RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Hyde won't be re-signed...with Joe Williams coming back, he & Breida are two good ones. I'd love to see Lynch grab Michel in the draft...he looks perfect for Coach's offense. With OL, edge rusher being high priorities, not sure where JL would go RB. If they go BPA, Sony Michel could get a serious look...he's that good.

Hyde is as good as gone. It will be Breida, Williams a 3rd or 4th rd draft pick and maybe a decent veteran FA pick-up. Breida is going to get every chance I believe in being our #1 back. I'm not sold on him but it could be a 1-2 or even 3 RB committee we could be going with. I still think if Joe Williams head is right, he can be a really good RB in this league and in this scheme.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
I would not be surprised if they rolled the dice with Breida-Williams, and then either add a big back (Bo Scarborough) or a guy who is a good pass catcher (Ito Smith) later in the draft. Saving the earlier picks for CB, OL, LEO, and WR.

I can certainly see that.
I think Hyde won't be re-signed...with Joe Williams coming back, he & Breida are two good ones. I'd love to see Lynch grab Michel in the draft...he looks perfect for Coach's offense. With OL, edge rusher being high priorities, not sure where JL would go RB. If they go BPA, Sony Michel could get a serious look...he's that good.

Joe Williams is not a good one, atleast not yet. He's done nothing in the NFL outside of a few preseason runs.

Itd be foolish to go into the next season with Breida being the only known commodity.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Joe Williams is not a good one, atleast not yet. He's done nothing in the NFL outside of a few preseason runs.

Itd be foolish to go into the next season with Breida being the only known commodity.

Dont be surprised if we sign Morris/Gore and draft a rookie.
What if we're underestimating how highly shanny thinks of Brieda...may ver we'll be Breida/rookie/Williams next year
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
What if we're underestimating how highly shanny thinks of Brieda...may ver we'll be Breida/rookie/Williams next year

McNichols has a shot too. I wouldn't be mad with the all youth RB squad
This thread is beginning to sound like the year Derrick Loville was our running back.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
This thread is beginning to sound like the year Derrick Loville was our running back.

Derrick Loville, what a joke.
Originally posted by English:

Breida is the truf and will produce
Dude came on stronger as the season went on so no reason he can't continue to improve, looked as productive as Hyde by seasons end.

Originally posted by babarvaart:
Dude came on stronger as the season went on so no reason he can't continue to improve, looked as productive as Hyde by seasons end.

Watch him get some good attempts in rushing and receiving and getting over 1k scrimmage yards Imagine we get a Shanahan treat and he rushes for 1k out of nowhere when nobody expected him to
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Feb 21, 2018 at 2:53 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Watch him get some good attempts in rushing and receiving and getting over 1k scrimmage yards Imagine we get a Shanahan treat and he rushes for 1k out of nowhere when nobody expected him to

yeah I'm not sure we bother with RB early in draft unless someone falls. Wasn't Breida the one with the elite SPARQ score in the draft? no reason he can't double his stats.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

yeah I'm not sure we bother with RB early in draft unless someone falls. Wasn't Breida the one with the elite SPARQ score in the draft? no reason he can't double his stats.

I really think he has a chance to get to Kareem Hunt territory. Now will he win the job, or majority of attempts..who knows. As we've all agreed at worst we have a solid number two.

Breida played in some garbage offenses in college. Thought Hunt was more polished coming out. Reid did a good job scheming early then teams caught on and he came back to life haha.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Feb 21, 2018 at 3:37 AM ]
I like Breida and he certainly came on late and I expect good things from him moving forward but we'd be fools not to dip our feet in the RB talent waters of this class.

IMO if we have a chance at Ronald Jones we need to find a way to get him. Guy would be magic in this offense. But there are numerous RBs in this class I'd love to see us draft at some point.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
I like Breida and he certainly came on late and I expect good things from him moving forward but we'd be fools not to dip our feet in the RB talent waters of this class.

IMO if we have a chance at Ronald Jones we need to find a way to get him. Guy would be magic in this offense. But there are numerous RBs in this class I'd love to see us draft at some point.

Agree. Love Breida. But got to make these guys compete. Bringing in a 2nd round RB and a mid-level FA RB would be fantastic. Breida could dominate in his role.
Share 49ersWebzone