LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

UDFA Matt Breida RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
So we all get one UDFA crush each yr and this dude is mine

Over 3,000 yards in 14 & 15 but stats dropped this past yr (some say new scheme and turnover on offense played a part)

This kids measurables are nutty.

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/rb/

Love the balance

I had 4 guys I thought had a really good shot at making the 53 before Cannon got the boot.

Breida, Jerome, Magnuson and Toth if he was actually to get healthy and sign(haven't heard anything lately though)

If Breida and Jerome work their ass off I think they have the best odds.
Breida was a mini draft crush for me, his film from the prior years had me peg him as a 5th rounder on my board. If he shows he can do in the NFL what he did in 2014 & 2015 at GSU, we'd have a tremendous three-pronged attack RB for the future (assuming Hightower is not re-signed after this season, if he makes the team).

I love the new-look backfield already. Hightower, Williams, Breida, and Bibbs all are upgrades over Mike Davis and DuJuan Harris (though Bibbs/Harris is kind of a wash to me).
Hopefully he's more than just the product of inferior competition.
So we'll keep 3 rbs on the 53 right?
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Hopefully he's more than just the product of inferior competition.

The measurables are what I'm liking...his size/speed/burst/balance is pretty sweet imo.

I'm sure the low-level of competition helped a ton but against higher level teams:

Georgia tech: 111 yrds 2 TDs
Mississippi: 100 yrds 1 TD
Western Michigan: 176 4 TDs
Georgia: 67 yards

I'd like to role with Hyde/Williams/Hightower/Breida as our RBs for the yr
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 10, 2017 at 10:25 AM ]
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

I'm thinking 4 RBs plus Juice as FB. The 4 RBs: Hyde, Williams, Hightower, and one of either Bibbs or Breida/other.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on May 10, 2017 at 10:48 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Mike Davis 2.0.
Playing in the NFL is a lot more than just measurables. Having said that, I am excited to see what he can do moving forward.

Consider me on the Breida Bandwagon. Thought this was interesting - we sure seem to like high Sparq RBs. Of the top 16, we were connected with or have signed 5 of them.

[ Edited by Lobo49er on May 10, 2017 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

I'm thinking 4 RBs plus Juice as FB. The 4 RBs: Hyde, Williams, Hightower, and one of either Bibbs or Breida/other.

Yeah, I have Hyde, Williams, Bibbs and Breida. Hightower is old and Bibbs, we gave up a draft pick for, is young, and can be a punt and kick off returner. In this case, all 4 of our RB's are under 25.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 10, 2017 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Consider me on the Breida Bandwagon. Thought this was interesting - we sure seem to like high Sparq RBs. Of the top 16, we were connected with or have signed 5 of them.

Exactly!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Yeah, I have Hyde, Williams, Bibbs and Breida. Hightower is old and Bubba, we have up a draft pick, is young, and can be a returner. In this case, all 4 of our RB's are under 25.

Bibbs was a throw in for that deal. The swap of a 5th this year for a 4th next year is fair value in itself. Don't think it puts any more value on Bibbs.

The trade allowed us the ammunition to move up for Williams and keep a 5th to be able to draft a player like Kittle.

I'd roll with Hyde, Hightower, Williams, Breida/Bibbs.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Mike Davis 2.0.

Not even close to the same player...trolling comment sir.
Share 49ersWebzone