There are 266 users in the forums

If Hoyer, Barkley, or Beathard can get us 9 wins this season do you still want Cousins?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Get Cousins. Please for the love of all things Bill Walsh held dear, let us have the problem of "Which FQB do we start?"
[ Edited by Lobo49er on May 8, 2017 at 6:34 PM ]
Not if it's Beathard having an amazing rookie year. Otherwise get him
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Get Cousins. Please for the love of all things Bill Walsh held dear, let us have the problem of "Which FQB do we start?"

Haven't had that problem since Montana/Young.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on May 8, 2017 at 6:59 PM ]
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

Haven't had that problem since Montana/Young.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
None of these guys is getting 9 wins in the NFC west
Originally posted by jreff22:
Depends how they play.

This. Denver won the SB two years ago. Their QBs were awful. If we're winning games where our QB clearly shows he can play at a consistent high level then we'll talk. Hoyer may have some success but he's been in the league long enough to know what he's not.

Besides the position is so important it can't hurt to have all the good QBs you can get.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
None of these guys is getting 9 wins in the NFC west

Pretty sure we only have 6 games in the NFC West, so, I agree.
Ex. If Prescott emerges he's now your guy. I find it doubtful Beidhart will get that kind of opportunity since he's 3rd string and 2 injuries away but if he shines Kirk wouldn't want to be here competing w/ him. We can take that 22 mil a year and spend it elsewhere.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Ex. If Prescott emerges he's now your guy. I find it doubtful Beidhart will get that kind of opportunity since he's 3rd string and 2 injuries away but if he shines Kirk wouldn't want to be here competing w/ him. We can take that 22 mil a year and spend it elsewhere.

i mean thats what seahawks fans felt like with wilson and flynn. you just cant tell, if he is good enough he will show it
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

i mean thats what seahawks fans felt like with wilson and flynn. you just cant tell, if he is good enough he will show it

Let's wait till the the team emerges to that level before we start this lol. To answer the question doe at 9-7 , yes.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 8, 2017 at 9:12 PM ]

No one knows what's going to happen in training camp, much less during the season. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of "what if?" situations that we could speculate on.
Originally posted by Lurker:
No one knows what's going to happen in training camp, much less during the season. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of "what if?" situations that we could speculate on.

Only way you say no is if you go 13-3 with Hoyer lol. Might be a long shot but you never know. If Wilson gets hurt the division is probably ours by default lol.
It depends but honestly if we somehow get to 9 wins it's going to be from the run game. All of our QBs are game managers until they prove me wrong. If we get 9 wins we either trade for cousins or to aggressive for one of the top qbs for next year's draft.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Beathard better stay ready. If Hoyer gets hurt he could beat out Barkley
This is how I see it, if it's Hoyer who wins 9 games and the staff doesn't see anything special in Beathard or Barkley then yes we trade for cousins or better yet trade up for the QB Shanahan wants in the draft and have him sit and learn while Hoyer continues to start..if it's Beathard who comes in as a rookie and shows promise then no to cousins but yes to still drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd..
Share 49ersWebzone