There are 179 users in the forums

If you could pick the head coach of the 49ers, who would you choose out of the two?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If you could pick the head coach of the 49ers, who would you choose out of the two?

Originally posted by Butter:
What about Harbaugh as coach and Kyle as OC?

Ridiculous. Because why would he leave or why would Atlanta let him leave horizontally. Plus have you forgotten what happened with Nolan? He lost Turner and Mike the next year as head coaches.

Plus as I said, Harbaugh would never turn on Roman and the only way it changes is if Roman gets hired as a HC.

Shanahan and if Saleh fails, with Fangio is the better option..
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Oh look it's all the same words that were already typed in the Jim Harbaugh thread.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I took Shanny, Harbaugh is a jerk.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by WildBill:

Ridiculous. Because why would he leave or why would Atlanta let him leave horizontally. Plus have you forgotten what happened with Nolan? He lost Turner and Mike the next year as head coaches.

Plus as I said, Harbaugh would never turn on Roman and the only way it changes is if Roman gets hired as a HC.

Shanahan and if Saleh fails, with Fangio is the better option..

Haha I love this myth that Roman was anything more than a dude who called the running plays, is pretty funny. He may have had the OC tag but he wasn't an OC. lol He was getting paid like one cause he was Jims friend. Once he tried to be an OC on his own he was exposed.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
They are both 0 and 1 in Super Bowls......say'n...
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Someone let me know when Shanny goes 44-19-1

Harbaughs ego would never greenlight that.
As much as I liked Harbaugh as a coach, he annoyed the s**t out of me in many ways. I'll take Shanahan.

Although I'd love to see what Shanahan could do with the roster Harbaugh inherited.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
As much as I liked Harbaugh as a coach, he annoyed the s**t out of me in many ways. I'll take Shanahan.

Although I'd love to see what Shanahan could do with the roster Harbaugh inherited.

There's a big difference here. Jim was a HC for a while before taking the 49ers job. This is Kyles first go round.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Oh look it's all the same words that were already typed in the Jim Harbaugh thread.

lol this. Can Shanny coach at least one game before threads like this come up? I'm optimistic, but for all we know he could be another Josh McDaniels.

Is this a trick question? Jim Harbaugh...I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Shanahan. Harbaugh was handed a great defensive roster and a lot of weapons on offense. He did well coaching- he created a team focused on defense and rushing but our passing game was so weak it cost us in the end.

After NFL defenses figured Kap out Harbaugh was done. In todays NFL you need a passing game if your team is to have longevity. After 2012 our passing game was always ranked around 25-30th.

This. Shanahan is perhaps, the best X's and O's coordinator in the game and that clearly was the missing element of the HaRoman era. Won on veteran talent and will and depth (luck; nearly injury free the 1st 3 years). Kyle has proven he can evolve and adapt his offenses. Shanahan possesses the X-factor.

Also, veterans tire of Harbaugh acts, immaturity, rants, pissing the refs off, drama, etc. He's taxing. Kyle seems more even-keeled and b/c of his age, may relate better to players. Players seem to respect both ShanaLynch's transparency and direct honesty.

Now, Shanahan hasn't proven anything yet as a HC and Harbaugh did for a 3-year stint. My guess would be Kyle has more staying power and has an elite ceiling but managing a team is different than scheming a game. If Kyle proves to be a good leader, the sky is the limit for him (and us). Harbaugh is limited with a high floor (folds in big games).
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Liked Jim, but if he picked his own GM it could been awful..likely Mike Lombardi. Time to roll with Shanny!
The better pole should be how many times Woo and Wu have voted on 'Or former head coach Jim Harbaugh'

I am very glad Harbaugh is back where he belongs, in the minor league. He's not nearly as good an NFL coach as he is in the NCAA.
Share 49ersWebzone