LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

If you could pick the head coach of the 49ers, who would you choose out of the two?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If you could pick the head coach of the 49ers, who would you choose out of the two?

For fun, I'm curious as to what peoples answers would be to this hypothetical scenario. If you could go back in time and prevent the firing of Jim Harbaugh meaning he'd still be our head coach today, would you do it?

Or are you so optimistic about Kyle Shannahan and his offense that you prefer what we have now, without really knowing how Shannahan will be as a head coach?

I'm very optimistic about Kyle Shannahan, but if I had the choice I'd pick Harbaugh as our coach. Even though is offense was very basic and not the most fun to watch, you knew that Harbaugh would be a competitor every year.
Right now? Harbaugh.

The last two seasons alone couldn't have been as bad as they were if he were around.

The answer is simply Harbaugh until Shanahan gets us to a Super Bowl. Which is hopefully someday.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on May 5, 2017 at 12:14 PM ]

/thread
I see this thread ending in a horrifying pile of bodies and unimaginable destruction.

But Vote I shall!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Jed should have fired Trent and let Jim pick a new GM.

Oh well he's still my coach and you can't have him back.

Go Blue!
In before the lock!!!
Originally posted by SoCold:
Jed should have fired Trent and let Jim pick a new GM.

Oh well he's still my coach and you can't have him back.

Go Blue!

Jim Harbaugh as head coach and John Lynch as GM... I wonder if that combination would work well.
I mean....I'd obviously pick Harbaugh right now.

Kyle still has a lot to prove as a head coach. This isn't going to be a coordinator job anymore.
  • dj43
Kyle Shanahan's offense will win a lot more games than Bo Schembechler's.
I believe Harbaugh hit his ceiling. Plus his loyalty to Roman was one of his downfalls. Thought he could mold Kaep into our FQB, but he didn't. I'll take my chances with Kyle and Lynch. I think long term and potential may be greater with Kyle.

What about Harbaugh as coach and Kyle as OC?
Originally posted by Izyniner:
In before the lock!!!

This.
Shanahan. Harbaugh was handed a great defensive roster and a lot of weapons on offense. He did well coaching- he created a team focused on defense and rushing but our passing game was so weak it cost us in the end.

After NFL defenses figured Kap out Harbaugh was done. In todays NFL you need a passing game if your team is to have longevity. After 2012 our passing game was always ranked around 25-30th.

Harbaugh with Shanahan as OC? (With a different QB other than Smith/Kap) That would've been great.
Originally posted by Butter:
What about Harbaugh as coach and Kyle as OC?

That would be an amazing combination that I bet would win a few superbowls
Share 49ersWebzone