Dj.Jones
Brooks
Taumoepeno
Watson

ST-3
Gould
Pinion
Nelson

I think Bolden outplays Robinson and will add Special teams value. I know we just signed Robinson but its basically a 1 year deal. we'll be ok cap wise

Breida/Bibbs over Hightower. We willingly outbid other suitors for Breida. Wanted him for a reason not going to try and stash him on PS and lose him. Traded for Bibbs. They can be part of the future after Hyde's contract is up (if e's not traded)

Gilbert over Coyle. I know Coyle is a ST guy but I think Gilbert will prove to be jsut as good in that area while also being a better LB.

I know i'm one guy Short ATM. Reserving that spot for a guy who gets cut/traded

Calvin Pryor S NYJ
Marcus Smith DE PHI
Jordan Matthews/Green-Beckham/Agholar WR PHI

PS-10

Erik Magnunson
Bret Treadway
Nick Mullens
Noble Nawachukwu
Darrell Williams
Donavin Newsom
Cole Hikituni
Tyler McCloskey
Malik Golden
KD Cannon

I like your prediction krizay I pretty much hope for the same line up
I highly doubt KS and JL cut Aldrick Robinson, he knows KS's offense.

Also I'd rather not have one of those 3 WRs(Matthews, Green-Beckham or Agholor) none are better than what we have already.

Coyle makes it due to STs and being the backup MIKE LBer, plus he got a $400K SB.

I can't see Breida beating out Hightower, he's a veteran, and was solid past 2 years.

Dial isn't getting cut either, has $1.4M of his base GTD And Tank has $1M GTD, can't see either being cut.

Other stuff is fine, I hope we end up dealing Vance.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Also I'd rather not have one of those 3 WRs(Matthews, Green-Beckham or Agholor) none are better than what we have already.

Coyle makes it due to STs and being the backup MIKE LBer, plus he got a $400K SB.

I can't see Breida beating out Hightower, he's a veteran, and was solid past 2 years.

Dial isn't getting cut either, has $1.4M of his base GTD And Tank has $1M GTD, can't see either being cut.

Agree on every point
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I know Aldrick knows Kyle's offense. But that doesn't mean he's the best at Kyle's offense. Alot of these guys were brought here to teach.

But out of all my guts I can see Aldrich over Bolden.

As for none of the eagles WR being better than what we have...

None our # 1's not saying that but......

Hightower also is 30. We aren't built to win now. Why lose out on a guy you clearly wanted for a vet who really isn't one of the "Bricks"

Hyde and Hightower are gone next year. Not looking at it from a 2017 perspective. I'm looking at it from a futures perspective.

As noted gilbert will prove to be just as good as a ST as Coyle

You keep bringing up all of these guaranteed contracts. All of these contracts are all basically 1 year deals. So even if we have to eat some of these contracts this year it's not a long term destruction.

With all that said, I could see possibly, Coyle, Robinson and Dial possibly starting off the season in the 53. But none of the 3 half way through
^ Good discussion fellas.
KD Cannon over Bolden? Good list. I think Magnusson could also surprise on the OL.
No one thinks Tim Barnes makes the team? I could see him push Kilgore off the team or to guard to backup Beadles and Garnett.

He has a lot of starting experience at center, I'd like to see him be Zuttah's main backup.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Will update...

Offensive Personnel: --- 26
QB: Brian Hoyer; Matt Barkley & C.J. Beathard
RB1: Carlos Hyde; Kapri Bibbs
RB2: Joe Williams; Matt Breida
OW: *Kyle Juszczyk; *George Kittle
TE: Vance McDonald; Logan Paulsen
XWR: Pierre Garçon; Marquise Goodwin
YWR: Jeremy Kerley; Trent Taylor
ZWR: Aldrick Robinson; K.D. Cannon
LOT: Joe Staley
LG: Joshua Garnett; Zane Beadles
C: Jeremy Zuttah; Tim Barnes
RG: Brandon Fusco; Daniel Kilgore
ROT: Trenton Brown; Gary Gilliam

* OW = Offensive Weapon (FB/TE/WR)

Defensive Personnel: --- 24
LDE/5T: *Solomon Thomas; Quinton Dial
LDE/6T: *Tank Carradine
NT/1T: D.J. Jones; *Earl Mitchell
RDT/3T: *DeForest Bucker; *Ronald Blair
RDE/5T: *Arik Armstead
ER: Aaron Lynch; Eli Harold & Dekoda Watson
SAM: Malcolm Smith
MIKE: Navarro Bowman
WILL: Reuben Foster; Ray-Ray Armstrong
RCB: Ahkello Witherspoon; Dontae Johnson
S/CB: Will Redmond; K'Waun Williams
LCB: Rashard Robinson
FS: Jimmie Ward; Lorenzo Jerome
SS: Jaquiski Tartt; Eric Reid

* Interior Rushers / ER = Edge Rushers

Special Teams: --- 3
LS: Kyle Nelson
PK: Robbie Gould
P: Bradley Pinion

PR/KOR: Jeremy Kerley & Trent Taylor; Kapri Bibbs

Practice Squad: --- 10
QB Nick Mullens (UDFA)
YWR/KR Victor Bolden (UDFA)
TE Cole Hikutini (UDFA)
G/T Erik Magnuson (UDFA/164)
G J.P. Flynn (UDFA)
G Andrew Eide (UDFA)
ER/SAM Jimmie Gilbert (UDFA)
ER Pita Taumoepenu (UDFA)
ER Noble Nwachuckwu (UDFA)
CB Jihaad Pretlow (UDFA)

NCommand... I think this assessment is very close. The only issue I would have with it would be the PS. I just don't think that guys like Bolden and Hijutini get through waivers. They were highly coveted FAs.
A question....you have Dakota Watson making the team. Can you explain your reasoning?
I'm sure you would agree that there will be some surprising cuts this fall as well. Overall though, this is very close.

Cheers!
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
NCommand... I think this assessment is very close. The only issue I would have with it would be the PS. I just don't think that guys like Bolden and Hijutini get through waivers. They were highly coveted FAs.
A question....you have Dakota Watson making the team. Can you explain your reasoning?
I'm sure you would agree that there will be some surprising cuts this fall as well. Overall though, this is very close.

Cheers!

Great timing...I had JUST updated it too. LOL

Yeah, unfortunately, losing UDFA's or risking players moving them to the PS is a reality. We've lost quite a few players over the years that way. One thing they could do with Hikutini is stash him on I.R. since he's still recovering from injury. But we're going to lose some quality UDFA's...but remember, a team would need to add them to their own 53. So there is also a good chance every one stays with us too given all of these 10 players need development.

Dekoda was Robert Saleh's first pick up. He knows his game and loves his leadership and he can help teach this defense to the youngsters. Here is what he thinks of Dakota (basically, he sees him as a nickel/dime edge rusher from both the SAM and LEO and he can also play some ST's on coverage units):

Who else do you see at that particular spot, the LEO spot?

"We're looking for, there's a lot of pieces. Ahmad can do it, Eli can do it, so you're looking at the SAM/LEO type deal. They're all capable. Dekoda can do it. Even Arik, he's not a prototype, but he's capable just from his flexibility and his--."

...So when looking at the SAM linebacker and what they're asked to do on a day-to-day basis, 70-percent of the game their hand will be in the ground. So, we're looking for more of an edge rusher as opposed to what it was in years past with a brut SAM linebacker, a [former NFL LB] Bill Romanowski-type. We're trying to move forward from that."

Are there guys (SAM/LEO edge rushers) already on the roster?

"Oh, yeah. There's plenty here. [LB] Ahmad Brooks, [LB] Eli [Harold]. We just signed [LB] Dekoda Watson. If you were going to paint a picture, that's what they would look like."

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article143900749.html

Here's some more about him:

[ Edited by NCommand on May 7, 2017 at 8:23 AM ]

More on our two OW's (we already know about Juszczyk):

One of the better all-around tight ends in the draft, Kittle is a shifty route runner (receiver) and a solid run blocker, and his ability to block on the move could make him a do-everything option for the 49ers. Expect Kittle to compete for snaps as a "move" tight end, but he can also contribute as a traditional fullback in new head coach Kyle Shanahan's offense. Kittle was the No. 5 tight end on our final draft board, and the 49ers are hoping to get production similar to his 2015 season, when his 82.3 overall grade was fifth in the nation, despite playing only 383 snaps.
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Will update...

Offensive Personnel: --- 26
QB: Brian Hoyer; Matt Barkley & C.J. Beathard
RB1: Carlos Hyde; Kapri Bibbs
RB2: Joe Williams; Matt Breida
OW: *Kyle Juszczyk; *George Kittle
TE: Vance McDonald; Logan Paulsen
XWR: Pierre Garçon; Marquise Goodwin
YWR: Jeremy Kerley; Trent Taylor
ZWR: Aldrick Robinson; K.D. Cannon
LOT: Joe Staley
LG: Joshua Garnett; Zane Beadles
C: Jeremy Zuttah; Tim Barnes
RG: Brandon Fusco; Daniel Kilgore
ROT: Trenton Brown; Gary Gilliam

* OW = Offensive Weapon (FB/TE/WR)

Defensive Personnel: --- 24
LDE/5T: *Solomon Thomas; Quinton Dial
LDE/6T: *Tank Carradine
NT/1T: D.J. Jones; *Earl Mitchell
RDT/3T: *DeForest Bucker; *Ronald Blair
RDE/5T: *Arik Armstead
ER: Aaron Lynch; Eli Harold & Dekoda Watson
SAM: Malcolm Smith
MIKE: Navarro Bowman
WILL: Reuben Foster; Ray-Ray Armstrong
RCB: Ahkello Witherspoon; Dontae Johnson
S/CB: Will Redmond; K'Waun Williams
LCB: Rashard Robinson
FS: Jimmie Ward; Lorenzo Jerome
SS: Jaquiski Tartt; Eric Reid

* Interior Rushers / ER = Edge Rushers

Special Teams: --- 3
LS: Kyle Nelson
PK: Robbie Gould
P: Bradley Pinion

PR/KOR: Jeremy Kerley & Trent Taylor; Kapri Bibbs

Practice Squad: --- 10
QB Nick Mullens (UDFA)
YWR/KR Victor Bolden (UDFA)
TE Cole Hikutini (UDFA)
G/T Erik Magnuson (UDFA/164)
G J.P. Flynn (UDFA)
G Andrew Eide (UDFA)
ER/SAM Jimmie Gilbert (UDFA)
ER Pita Taumoepenu (UDFA)
ER Noble Nwachuckwu (UDFA)
CB Jihaad Pretlow (UDFA)

Cheers!

I think NC pretty much nailed it. The only change I would make is Barnes doesn't make it because Kilgore can back up at center. This would make room for Pita, who they just drafted.

I think they'd love to trade Vance and keep Hikutini.
I just don't see Vance traded unless we get a descent pick back, which most likely won't happen. Hikutini can be on our PS this year, and next year when Paulsen leaves via FA, Hikutini can take his place. If the Niners are worried he won't make it to the PS, then we should put him on the PUP list, and then see if an injury happens in season, or if we can trade away McDonald. If not, then Hikutini can be placed on IR, and then play for us next year.
And they're goes Cannon...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
And they're goes Cannon...

I almost left Cannon off of my PS for Colbert but switched them last minute
[ Edited by krizay on May 7, 2017 at 12:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone